Senior Director, Tax Planning
Warner Music Group
New York, NY
Manager, Internal Audit & Global Risk Management
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Internal Audit team at Warner Music Group.
Job Title: Manager, Internal Audit & Global Risk Management
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Group Internal Audit vision is to provide high quality assurance and advisory services in a dynamic, innovative, and impactful way.
Our work includes SOX, operational audits, and proactive risk management for the business. The Internal Audit department partners with the business to focus on the most important risks and issues facing the organization and delivers results that will make the biggest positive impact. We strive to be valuable business advisors that provide meaningful insights and solutions, not just information and recommendations. We continuously look for ways to improve our audit and risk management processes and leverage technology to maximize our impact.
Our success is measured by the amount of internal control improvement, risk mitigation and overall positive change that we drive across the organization.
Our department has two pillars: a Global Risk Management pillar, and a traditional audit and SOX pillar. Our work within the Global Risk Management pillar includes risk assessment procedures, assisting in the development of policies and guidance around key risk areas, training and changing how the organization interacts with risk, and review / audit of key risk projects within the organization (e.g. system implementation, process transformation, information security, acquisitions, etc.).
Why this could be your next big break:
Due to the expanded scope and remit in Internal Audit's oversight function, specifically the creation of a Global Risk Management function, we are seeking a Manager of Internal Audit and Global Risk Management to facilitate the evolution of our services. In this newly created role, you will help support the rollout and evolution of the Global Risk Management structure within our organization. This role will report to the Global Risk Management Director at WMG's New York headquarters and play a key role in supporting the function by conducting risk assessments and delivering and executing projects on a dynamic plan. The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic.
Here you'll get to:
• Support the implementation and evolution of a centralized Global Risk Management process;
• Prepare high-quality deliverables, including reports and presentations, to be shared with key internal stakeholders and external auditors;
• Assist in determining the approach for reviews using a risk-based methodology that achieves timely and high-quality results;
• Perform assurance and advisory engagements from planning through fieldwork and reporting;
• Manage SOX walkthroughs and controls tests of design and operating effectiveness;
• Participate in the development of new internal audit processes and ongoing process improvements;
• Partner with various business functions to facilitate information requests during reviews;
• Track key program deliverables and shift resources as necessary based on changes in priority or senior leadership requests;
• Communicate findings timely, and track the follow-up and reporting of findings until they are remediated;
• Support in driving education and awareness of risk across the organization through periodic communication and training;
• Participate in special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Chief Audit Executive or VP of Global Risk Management.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Demonstrate an understanding of enterprise risk management, risk assessment, ICFR, GAAP, COSO, and leading industry / business practices;
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including listening, verbal, written, and presentation, with the ability to communicate effectively within various levels of the company;
• Display strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues;
• Demonstrate an attention to detail, strong organizational skills, a tolerance for uncertainty, and an ability to be agile and adaptable with evolving business needs;
• Exhibit the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and independently;
• Display a high standard of ethics and professionalism; and
• Travel domestically and internationally as needed.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor or advanced degree in accounting, finance, or related field;
• 5+ years of experience overall in some combination of public accounting, internal audit, and / or risk advisory role within a multinational organization
• Professional certification (CPA, CA, and/or CIA)
• Project management certification (PMP, BPM or Six Sigma)
• Global / Enterprise Risk Management experience;
• Experience with SAP, HFM, Oracle Financials, Microsoft Office applications, or Tableau and other competencies such as cloud computing, data analytics, robotic process automation (RPA), and fraud investigations;
• Media and entertainment industry experience, specifically music industry experience; and
• Fluency in another language other than English
Copyright © 20 19 Warner Music Inc.
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.