Director, eCommerce Marketing
Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
The Global Digital Account Management team's mission is to maximize digital revenue and market share through optimization and streamlined communications globally across digital accounts and label partners
Why this could be your next big break:
Work directly with some of the largest music streaming and social platforms with a focus on delivering revenue, market share and marketing opportunities for our artists, while providing critical knowledge to the company on chart rules and trends.
Here you'll get to:
• Verify charts against internal and external sources to ensure streams and purchases corroborate
• Conduct ongoing observation review of release schedule to ensure correct strategies are being employed on for example: Bundles and Artist Services initiatives, Remix strategies and Standard/deluxe products
• Establish an understanding of US chart technicalities and knowledge of the nuances of international chart rules
• Point of contact for US charts questions and best practices
• Prepare summaries from chart body meetings
• Timely distribution of potential and confirmed chart changes to internal stakeholders
• International point of contact on Spotify for Artists administration including User profiles and Troubleshooting
• Monthly audit of international Spotify ad credit usage for utilization assessment, adherence to GPS commitment and best practice, managing outreach and escalation as needed
• Quarterly analysis on ad allocation/rate card and ad usage/performance
• Support Sr. Director in liaising with Spotify's artificial streaming team and communications to markets/labels
• Review Facebook reporting / Tableau to determine top videos, and audio/consumption/monetization trends
• Track viral moments (example - Fleetwood Mac, how it impacts socials and how to increase momentum)
• Update monthly ad tracker and spends for Ad Fund funded campaigns and prepare monthly overview
• Tracking competitive PMV exclusives/FB opportunities
• Help answer label questions around PMV optimization and availability as PMV programs and availability expand
• General support in answering label questions around delivery, business manager, ad issues, platform bugs, etc.
• Reviewing Snapchat reports on a monthly basis to provide insight on top tracks and trends and Lenses
• Support building and updating best practice documents and monthly Service Updates for Facebook and Snap
• Showcase superior communication skills, written and verbal
• Work independently and manage their time efficiently
• Be fluent in music consumption services and user generated/ad supported platforms
• Be a creative, goal-oriented and flexible team player
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A range of digital sales, marketing, and merchandising experience
• A passion and interest in developing artists and music
• An understanding of digital music services, with a particular passion and/or focus on new business models and ad supported platforms
• Strong analytical and negotiation skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Minimum of 3 years Music Commercial and/or Marketing or equivalent digital retail experience
• College Degree preferred
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.