Warner Music Group
New York, NY
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Digital Video Operations Manager
A little bit about our team:
The Digital team at Atlantic Records is a full-service, agency-like marketing team, dedicated to building artist careers through the intersection of music and technology. We are responsible for all digital strategy and marketing for all artists on the roster, acting as artist partners in our 360 relationships, across music, touring, merch, and all other aspects of the artist career. Through creative marketing campaigns, we build online and mobile fan communities, with an eye towards evolving the way that fans listen to, participate in, and purchase music and related products. We create, market and optimize content, develop and implement CRM/fan acquisition strategies, and work with new, engaging digital platforms and startups.
Why this could be your next big break:
This role is the intersection of content, operations, marketing and production; you will have your hand in a lot of different areas. You must have an understanding of production and distribution of video content, are detail-oriented and can navigate the backend of YouTube, Facebook and other video patforms with ease. You will be leading a small video operations squad, as well as managing a roster of artists' video channels. You will also be working closely with our Digital Marketing team, Product Managers, and our Video Production teams helping to streamline all of our video content to ensure timely delivery to our video partners.
Here you'll get to:
• You will be responsible for the daily operations of multiple Artist video channels - managing all uploads, working with our scheduling team to coordinate feed deliveries, optimization and fan engagement for your roster of artist channels
• You will work with the Digital Marketing team and Product Managers to help identify key content pieces needed for each release
• You will craft engagement campaigns and develop data-driven strategies to optimize performance, to boost views, engagement, and subscribers
• You will work with our distribution and production teams to determine content availability and usage parameters, helping to streamline operational workflow by identifying and eliminating bottlenecks for content delivery
• You will develop and implement best practices for titles, descriptions, tags, thumbnail creation, channel art and content strategies
• You will organize and present video analytics data for strategic performance
• You will become an expert in the latest video platform product features, policies, and platform updates and communicate to our various marketing teams
• You will coordinate claiming requests on applicable channel level assets as needed
• You will manage a small team of operational assistants to ensure their roster of artist channels comply with our delivery strategies and YouTube, Facebook and other video platform best practices
• BS or BA in Marketing, Communications, or similar
• 3-5 years relevant experience working with music based video channels
• Experience managing full-time employees
• Knowledge of optimization tools (TubeBuddy, VidIQ.)
• Familiarity of best practices for SEO and discoverability on YouTube, Facebook and other video platforms
• Proven excellence in prioritization, time management and follow up skills with an attention to detail in a fast paced environment
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• YouTube Music Certification and AdSense knowledge
• Understanding of YouTube / Facebook Content ID and digital rights management
• Experience in crafting marketing plans and video content ideation for social platforms
• Passionate about music and technology/digital trends
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.