Director, eCommerce Marketing
Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Project Manager, Digital Marketing Operations for Warner Records
A little bit about our team:
Warner Records is home to some of the most influential and innovative artists of our time. Its reputation and extraordinary roster of new and established recording artists is unparalleled, and its collective influence on pop culture is without precedent. With a visionary approach toward discovering and nurturing musical talent, the Warner Records family of labels is currently home to an impressive generation of major artists.
The Digital Marketing Operations team is the spine of WR's overall digital marketing/fan engagement department. They are effective project managers, keeping everything moving smoothly and efficiently through the campaign pipeline. They are agile problem solvers, able to tackle the curveballs of music marketing. They can speak to clients, creatives, and internal stakeholders in terms they will understand, ensuring that project requirements are discovered, communicated, and met.
Why this could be your next big break:
The project manager is the single point of responsibility for our pipeline of website and digital/social creative deliverables. They play a key role in the successful execution, monitoring, and delivery of projects.
We are looking for a hands-on, dynamic Project Manager for a full time role in our Digital Marketing and Fan Engagement Department. This critical role ensures that our project pipeline is running smoothly, that creatives and vendors are kept on spec and schedule, and that deliverables come back in a timely, high-quality, and cost-effective manner. The ideal Project Manager candidate should be organized, cool under pressure, and say ''oh yeah, that is me'' a lot while reading the next section.
Here you'll get to:
• Discover project requirements from internal and external stakeholders, determine technical feasibility, and translate into asset/product specifications for the Interactive Design and Artist Services teams
• Coordinate the workstreams of our various shared services (Interactive Design, Web/Mobile development, email/CRM), managing the creation of tangible assets for the Digital Marketing/Fan Engagement team in the form of social media skins/images, websites, email blasts, and more
• Prioritize and propel multiple projects forward at once, overseeing the day-to-day workflow of projects using tools like JIRA and Slack
• Work with Team and Department leads to green light/red light resource-intensive builds, rush jobs, and other critical deliverables to maintain a prioritized launch calendar.
• Coordinate with graphic designers, consultants, and operations team to ensure projects meet required specifications and are delivered on time
• QC and traffic all deliverables from first comp, through revisions, to final in a variety of digital formats
• Proactively communicate project status, timeline, and more with Fan Engagement team, clients, and other stakeholders
• Ensure content on artist websites and other digital channels is up-to-date and accurate
• Minimum of 2 years professional experience as project manager in digital marketing, web design/development, or similar field.
• Outstanding organizational and communication skills
• A problem-solving attitude to get it done, no matter the challenge
• The ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Strong background in project management (PMP or Agile certification is a plus)
• Ability to work on tight timeframes and move projects forward with limited assets
• Passion and drive to keep a creative team motivated, focused, and on-task
• Thorough knowledge of project management in the digital space, including an understanding of:
• Production processes and tools
• Web development standards/responsive design
• Creative design files and specs
• Social media platforms and specifications
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Expertise in digital project management in the entertainment/music or creative agency space
• JIRA Experience
• PMP or Agile certification
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.