At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-oriented mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
Job Title: Manager, Deals Office
A little bit about our team:
We are Warner Chappell, where songwriters are heard. With offices in more than 40 locations around the world, we pride ourselves on how our local expertise drives global success for our dynamic roster of songwriters. Within our US headquarters in Los Angeles, we house several international divisions and dedicated teams to drive strategy and development across both our global and local publishing operations. The role will report into the VP, Head of Deals Office.
You will be as part of a dynamic global team to analyze songwriter/producer/artist signings and acquisitions. You will partner closely with multiple teams such as legal, A&R and admin to ensure we have a 360 view of a deal, to accurately capture the financial impact of potential signings and use that information to inform the multi-million dollar deal making process.
Here you'll get to:
• Learn something new every day – think critically about the music publishing business and how to translate the qualitative into quantitative in creative ways
• Serve as the point-person consolidating deal data and metrics to provide regular reporting to senior management on spend allocation, portfolio weighting, and various KPIs that you'll help define the structure, format, and cadence for – and ultimately utilize to form actionable learnings for portfolio optimization initiatives
• Manage archival of deal data and ingestion of final valuation materials
• Finds ways to create best in class process via automation and workflow refinement
• Build relationships and communicate and collaborate cross functionally across legal, A&R, administration, and executive teams to ensure deal information is captured appropriately
• Own and ensure data is captured effectively and manage our custom financial reporting tool
• Evaluate deals, ensuring that deal models are supported by bulletproof backup, and presenting those deals to the various senior management teams as required
• Provide advice and guidance to A&R, Legal and Business Affairs and senior management, to determine optimal deal structures
• Complete in-depth analysis of internal and external data and reporting to ensure that financial models are built using reliable data points
• Support financial due diligence on potential acquisition targets, including liaison with external advisors as well as internal analysis of target's financial statements; coordinate and assist in other diligence workstreams
• Create presentation decks including transaction summaries for the global executive leadership team as part of the deal approval process
• Monitor and report on financial performance against forecast and provide recommendations for corrective actions.
• Collaborate with other departments, including sync, administration, legal, and A&R, to provide financial insights and support business initiatives. Provide financial expertise to help drive revenue growth, margin expansion, and operational efficiency.
• Foster a positive and collaborative work environment that promotes teamwork, accountability, and continuous improvement.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in advisory consulting, investment banking, hedge funds, corporate development, or deal team equivalent
• Strong understanding of finance and discounted cash flow concepts and principles
• Sophisticated financial modeling skills, with the ability to create new models as well as 'refresh' existing models
• Excellent verbal, analytical, written, and people skills, with the ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Ability to work autonomously and manage tight deadlines along with a commitment to turning deal analysis around quickly to ensure the company remains competitive in the marketplace
• Expert working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint, experience with financial forecasting software and tableau
• Ability to identify and solve problems, or where appropriate, to work collaboratively with other departments, divisions, or offices, in order to arrive at the best solution
Links to relevant documents:
2023 Benefits At A Glance.pdf
EVerify Participation Poster.pdf
Right To Work - English.pdf
Right to Work - Spanish.pdf
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9kzqz-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.