Director, Technical Art - Creative Department
Los Angeles, CA
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Manager, Creative Services (Video)
A little bit about our team:
Creative Services is responsible for the creation of music videos, still photo shoots and graphic artwork for all Warner Records releases.
Why this could be your next big break:
In this role you will be responsible for commissioning music videos and video content. You will work with marketing and management teams to create music videos, lyric videos, visualizers and other commercial video content.
Here you'll get to:
• You will Solicit treatments for music video and content productions as required.
• You are responsible for managing video budgets and timely delivery of final product.
• On set attendance of all commissioned video productions to ensure creative is executed properly.
• You will liaise between label executives, band/management and director/production company to coordinate pre and post-production schedules and deadlines
• Identify and build a network of developing director talent.
• Maintain and nurture relationships with existing and new production partners.
• Compile solicitation list and curate treatments for review by artists, management and key label staff.
• Work closely with the artist and label to ensure successful artist imaging.
• Attend edit sessions as needed.
• Hire and manage editors and content creators for lyric videos, visualizers and BTS content
• Ensure videos comply with network and legal standards.
• Attend music video conferences and festivals as needed.
• Successfully integrate product placement/brand partnerships when required.
• Liaise all matters with the Heads of Video and Creative Departments.
• Must have impeccable creative taste.
• A resourceful and innovative problem solver.
• Ability to travel and attend video shoots on nights and weekends when required.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in various stages simultaneously.
• Strong knowledge of all production and post production processes, formats and techniques.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Action oriented and tenacious.
• Strong knowledge of AICP budget format and crew rates.
• Strong knowledge of SAG-AFTRA rates & rules.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to maintain composure in a high pressure, deadline oriented environment.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Comfort with all musical genres and lyrical content, especially with Urban.
• Work with integrity.
• Dedicated and committed team player.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
• MAC proficient
• Microsoft Office proficient
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vwoq-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.