Manager, Wmg Sync Clearance
Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Manager, Clearance
A little bit about our team:
Warner Chappell Music, the global music publishing company of Warner Music Group, is home to a wide array of legendary songwriters and a rich catalog of contemporary hits and influential standards. With offices in more than 40 countries, Warner Chappell Music provides a deep expertise across a range of creative services and the most innovative opportunities for songwriters and copyright holders. With a history dating back more than 200 years, Warner Chappell Music currently publishes and administers music from Lizzo, Lil Jon, Madonna, Smashing Pumpkins, Justin Tranter, George Michael, Cranberries, Lil Wayne, Rae Sremmurd, Led Zeppelin, Kacey Musgraves, Chris Stapleton, Eric Clapton, Duran Duran, Gamble & Huff, Green Day, Katy Perry, Annapurna, Miramax Films, Muse, Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Stephen Sondheim, Cole Porter, among many others.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Synchronization department represents music publishing rights and offers clients a comprehensive licensing service. They work to serve songwriters by strategically developing new opportunities in film, television, advertising, video games, and new media.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage and obtain approvals, when necessary, and provide quotes for synchronization requests including, but not limited to: commercials, films, television, live-streaming concerts, and new media.
• Perform research duties of the Company's rights to songs and clears copyright provisions, songs, and may obtain permission for use.
• Assist in copyright research ''groundwork'' as it pertains to synchronization license and requests from foreign territories.
• Coordinate and confer with Company's internal departments as well as outside parties to include, but not limited to, co-publishers, copyright owners, composers, their managers and/or attorneys, regarding clearance, ownership, and financial procedures and fees.
• Manage and is responsible for handling both telephone and correspondence from parties requesting fee quotations and license requests for use of Company products contained in the catalogue.
• Maintain records such as logs, files, and deals.
• Review licenses within own specific area.
• Make suggestions for use of alternate songs in the Company's catalogue when clearances are not available for the original request.
• Attend meetings and conferences both within and outside the Company relative to the department's operation.
• Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
• Must be able to effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
• Must be able to come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment.
• Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Must be able to perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Must be able to work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of general business practices; demonstrate a high level of customer service engagement, both via email and phone..
• Possess a strong work ethic.
• Strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments.
• Produce quality work and be accountable.
• Manage time.
• Ability to work well in team.
• Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work.
• Anticipates needs and creates efficient and effective processes.
• Self-starter, self-motivated, and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks; thinks outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically.
• Consistently takes initiative.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A baccalaureate degree required, preferably augmented by coursework in music business and/or related fields. A minimum of one (1) to (2) years of relevant experience within a Film/TV department, preferably in a music publishing company.
• A satisfactory equivalent in education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to rev
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpxjpo-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.