A little bit about our team:
WMG's Business Intelligence team (BI) works to influence WMG's strategy and day-to-day operations by developing thoughtful insights & intelligence from its core business practices. Th BI team works with various departments across Warner's Recorded Music & Music Publishing divisions to understand the trends and dynamics that drive the constant evolution of our business. Our goal for this role is to develop insights and strategies that support WMG's Music Publishing arm, Warner Chappell, and their family of affiliate operators in the pursuit of developing songwriters and expanding their reach on a global level. We work with partners across the company to establish best practices for maximizing opportunities for artist and songwriter development, growing WMG's vast catalog of repertoire and copyrights, measure the impact of marketing initiatives, and work to better understand user behavior around the world. Our team is primarily based in New York and London, though we do support WMG's network of 40+ operating affiliates throughout the world.
Intelligence is the lifeblood of today's music business, and in this role you'll get a chance to apply your creativity and problem-solving skills to help our music publishing segment and songwriters connect with consumers. Because the BI team works closely with departments across the company, you will have the opportunity to see the inner workings and decision-making within a global music company - and the ability to influence those decisions with thoughtful intelligence work. This role will focus primarily on delivering industry-level insights to Warner Chappell, WMG's Music Publishing arm. We're a collaborative team that loves learning new things, sharing ideas, thinking about the future of the music industry – and helping our company get there.
Here you'll get to:
• Conduct in-depth analysis of the Music Publishing (MP) segment of our business, leveraging industry data to identify trends and opportunities in the marketplace, with an emphasis on data storytelling.
• Partner with MP to create metrics that monitor business performance of Warner Chappell and its songwriters over time.
• Partner with Creative Services, Finance, and other teams embedded within Warner Chappell to listen and understand their business needs, develop and deliver global reporting solutions and analyses with actionable insights, looking at external market trends.
• Work with Warner Chappell to identify opportunities within their vast catalog of copyrights to help support songwriter development.
• Utilize BI/data tools and software to gather, process, analyze, and visualize data.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Data or Business Analysis, Finance, or Computer Science.
• 4-6 years of experience in a similar Business Intelligence Analyst and Financial Analyst role in the music publishing or rights management space.
• Proficiency in Python and SQL, data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker), and other business intelligence technologies (e.g., Alteryx).
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to derive meaningful insights from complex datasets.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
• Excellent time management skills and capability of working independently to meet deadlines.
• Proven track record of being a self-starter and driving projects from inception to completion.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Advanced degree in a relevant field.
• Experience in building forecast models
• Experience in adjacent fields such as financial services, with a concentration in rights acquisition.
$100,000 to $115,000 Annually
Salary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
Links to relevant documents:
2024 Benefits At A Glance final.pdf
EVerify Participation Poster.pdf
Right To Work - English.pdf
Right to Work - Spanish.pdf
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3q5j5-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.