At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-orienteted mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
Job Title: Manager, Audits and Client Services
A little bit about our team:
Under general supervision, with latitude for independent judgment and decision, performs
research and analysis relating to audits – including audit-related royalty tracking and remedy, performs financial analysis, interfaces extensively with other Warner Chappell staff as well as appointed representatives of clients (e.g.,external auditors) providing information as and when required, writing/preparing formal responses to audit reports and assists in all other aspects of royalty audits.
Why this could be your next big break:
In this position you'll learn about all aspects of the publishing business while using critical thinking to analyze, diagnose and resolve problems wherever they should arise. Audits is as rewarding as is it is challenging.
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee the writer royalty audit process from start to finish (e.g. scheduling fieldwork, facilitating fieldwork, researching audit claims, drafting a formal response and negotiating settlement).
• Assists in planning, scheduling and administration of external audits, insuring proper protocols and procedures necessary for successful completion of audits are followed.
• Liaison to external auditors, which may include but is not limited to instruction in the use of various audit-related systems and reports (e.g., provides information as and when required).
• Researches and reviews royalty information, including, but not limited to, contractual agreements, provisions, rates, etc. in connection with audit response and resolution.
• Participates in certain executive level meetings with other Warner/Chappell personnel, and as needed, with outside parties (e.g., ASCAP, BMI, HFA, Foreign Affiliates, etc.) in the remediation of income collection and/or conflicts related to audits. Communicates directly with affected parties to ascertain validity and accuracy of audit claims.
• Coordinates with other internal departments to review issues of auditing clients, through research and conferring with other departmental or Company staff and may coordinate the adjudication and/or settlements thereof.
• Participates in system testing and data cleansing.
• Performs financial analysis for management.
• Interacts with representatives from the IT, Legal, Royalty, Creative and Copyright departments of the Company as well as with attorneys, auditors, agents, clients, third party music users, HFA, CMRRA, BMI and ASCAP.
• Handles and safeguards confidential and proprietary information.
• Must be able to effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's code of conduct and core values.
• Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Must be able to come to work on time without restrictions as to time commitment.
• Must be able to stoop, bend, stand, walk and sit for up to at least 10 hours a day.
• Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds on a semi-regular basis and perform other diverse physical tasks as needed.
• Must be able to work at and utilize all functions of a computer if necessary up to at least 10 hours a day to perform the required tasks and create and develop the necessary reports to summarize the results of research and projects and to communicate with others in the Company and with those necessary outside of the Company.
We'd love it if you also had:
• You have at least two (2) to three (3) years experience manipulating and analysing large data sets.
• You have excellent reading comprehension skills – necessary for analysing writer contracts and audit reports.
• You are passionate about problem solving.
• High school level education or its equivalent, preferably to have included courses in basic bookkeeping procedures, arithmetical analysis, computations, documentation, and computer input operation.
• Two (2) to Three (3) years of experience in an office engaged in duties which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, vouchering, billing statements, typing at 40 WPM, data entry, and knowledge of currently used Company software (e.g., Windows, MS Word, Excel, Metafile, B.I.) and AS/400 would be desirable.
• A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the requirements of position.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn485m-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.