Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Manager, Audits and Client Services
A little bit about our team:
Under general supervision, with latitude for independent judgment and decision, performs
research and analysis relating to audits – including audit-related royalty tracking and remedy, performs financial analysis, interfaces extensively with other Warner/Chappell staff as well as appointed representatives of clients (e.g.,external auditors) providing information as and when required, writing/preparing formal responses to audit reports and assists in all other aspects of royalty audits.
Why this could be your next big break:
In this position you'll learn about all aspects of the publishing business while using critical thinking to analyze, diagnose and resolve problems wherever they should arise. Audits is as rewarding as is it is challenging.
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee the writer royalty audit process from start to finish (e.g. scheduling fieldwork, facilitating fieldwork, researching audit claims, drafting a formal response and negotiating settlement).
• Assists in planning, scheduling and administration of external audits, insuring proper protocols and proceduresnecessary for successful completion of audits are followed.
• Liaison to external auditors, which may include but is not limited to instruction in the use of various audit-related systems and reports (e.g., provides information as and when required).
• Researches and reviews royalty information, including, but not limited to, contractual agreements, provisions, rates, etc. in connection with audit response and resolution.
• Participates in certain executive level meetings with other Warner/Chappell personnel, and as needed, with outside parties (e.g., ASCAP, BMI, HFA, Foreign Affiliates, etc.) in the remediation of income collection and/or conflicts related to audits. Communicates directly with affected parties to ascertain validity and accuracy of audit claims.
• Coordinates with other internal departments to review issues of auditing clients, through research and conferring with other departmental or Company staff and may coordinate the adjudication and/or settlements thereof.
• Participates in system testing and data cleansing.
• Performs financial analysis for management.
• Interacts with representatives from the IT, Legal, Royalty, Creative and Copyright departments of the Company as well as with attorneys, auditors, agents, clients, third party music users, HFA, CMRRA, BMI and ASCAP.
• Handles and safeguards confidential and proprietary information.
• Must be able to effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company''s code of conduct and core values.
• Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Must be able to come to work on time without restrictions as to time commitment.
• Must be able to stoop, bend, stand, walk and sit for up to at least 10 hours a day.
• Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds on a semi-regular basis and perform other diverse physical tasks as needed.
• Must be able to work at and utilize all functions of a computer if necessary up to at least 10 hours a day to perform the required tasks and create and develop the necessary reports to summarize the results of research and projects and to communicate with others in the Company and with those necessary outside of the Company.
• You have at least two (2) to three (3) years experience manipulating and analyzing large data sets.
• You have excellent reading comprehension skills – necessary for analyzing writer contracts and audit reports.
• You are passionate about problem solving.
• High school level education or its equivalent, preferably to have included courses in basic bookkeeping procedures, arithmetical analysis, computations, documentation, and computer input operation.
• Two (2) to Three (3) years of experience in an office engaged in duties which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, vouchering, billing statements, typing at 40 WPM, data entry, and knowledge of currently used Company software (e.g., Windows, MS Word, Excel, Metafile, B.I.) and AS/400 would be desirable.
• A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the requirements of position.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
Familiarity with EXCEL, Tableau & Alteryx
2-3 years in royalties, audits or similar field.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1oe40-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.