At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-oriented mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
Job Title: Manager, A&R
A little bit about our team:
Providing A&R/creative duties in NYC by seeking out, signing and developing new songwriters. You will be responsible for helping the NY A&R team run smoothly by handling calendars of writers, helping confirm and coordinate writing sessions, managing the NY studio calendar and more. This position is an integral part of the US creative team as a whole. We expect this candidate to be working hand in hand with our greater creative team in LA and most importantly, insure the writers and executives they work with are fully supported.
Warner Chappell Music Publishing is the smallest major publishing company. We operate like a boutique company with the outreach and resources of a major. We have many of the most in demand writers, artists and producers in music publishing. Join a winning team and work with some of the best songwriters in the business on their rise to hitmakers and to everlasting impactful art creators.
Here you'll get to:
• Seek out and calls on artists, songwriters, managers, A&R representatives and attorneys in attempts to sign them or the persons they represent to exclusive publishing agreements with the Company.
• Review new songs and writer/artists and their related materials for purposes of Company acquisition.
• Coordinate with other publishers, record labels, artists, producers, managers and other users of Warner Chappell Music copyrights for exploitation of roster and catalog.
• Coordinate with the Company's Legal and Copyright Departments relative to writers' contracts and/or acquisition of new writers and artists.
• Attend concerts, clubs and other performance and showcases (auditions) for new artists, writers and bands.
• Coordinate the activities between the Company writers/artists and outside songwriters or artists for purposes of collaboration on new songs and material for new recording projects.
• Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Must be able to come to work on time without restrictions as to time commitment.
• Work independently to complete routine departmental or unit functions and/or tasks including, but not limited to, various correspondence, preparing and updating recurring internal reports, forms, tables, pamphlets, etc. from rough draft, handwritten notes, or verbal instructions.
• You will screen all correspondence and publications, bringing those of significance to the Company's attention.
• You will be responsible for obtaining splits, co-writer, and publisher information for new releases / songs and delivering information to copyright department for song registration.
• You will maintain show and event calendar.
We'd love it if you also had:
• One (1) to two (2) years of highly responsible experience, preferably in a music publishing establishment or similar music production company, with emphasis in acquisition of new and exploitation of existing Company product, coordination of activities between Company and outside songwriters, or a satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience, in related fields and educational disciplines to qualify for the duties of the position.
• Knowledge of general business practices.
• Possess a strong work ethic.
• Strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• The ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments.
• Great time management
• Ability to work well in team.
• Demonstrated ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope
• Foresight to anticipate needs and create efficient and effective processes.
• Motivation - Self-starter, self-motivated and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks.
• Innovation - Thinks outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically.
• Consistency - takes initiative.
• Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rebpn8-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.