At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
Distribution Operations is responsible for all physical supply chain processes across the entirety of product lines under WEA Distribution's Recorded Music umbrella. The department's core focus is to work cohesively with all WMG divisions and departments globally, as well as outside vendors, carriers, and label partners, to ensure that the highest quality of products are distributed to customers in a timely manner. Key functions shared by the Distribution Operations team include Inventory Management, Manufacturing, Order Fulfillment, Compliance, and Logistics.
Why this could be your next big break:
If you possess knowledge of sales trends in music and believe in the continued life of physical music as a whole, this is your new home. The Inventory Manager, New Release, is at the forefront of product market integration, responsible for coordinating with internal and external teams to ensure our newest releases are readily available on street date. Communication with our Sales and Marketing teams as well as strong relationships across manufacturing, labels, and logistics is key to the most successful New Release Manager.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage finished goods inventories of New Release products.
• Manage arrival schedule of goods in conjunction with warehouse deadlines and required-by dates by collaboration with the Director of Scheduling and Logistics.
• Review new release set-ups from OpenPlay to GCDM to MES, and complete Product Master requirements for activation.
• Finalize product set-ups and availability.
• Place Purchase Orders based on Sales forecasting.
• Manage inventory levels for new releases across all product lines.
• Monitor Purchase Orders for on time deliveries and complete quantities.
• Manage arrival schedule of goods in conjunction with warehouse deadlines and customer required-by dates.
• Collaborate with 3PL partner on timing of Release drops and product placement.
• Manage allocation of orders as necessary due to stock limitations.
• Work with Sales, Labels and Finance to ensure inventory levels are maintained.
• Act as Production, Manufacturing, and Label Liaison covering supply chain product related issues including but not limited to recalls, quality control, and deletions.
• Research and manage product related issues, initiate changes or corrections for system maintenance required to resolve issues.
• You have 3+ years Inventory Management/ Supply Chain experience.
• You have 3+ years Music Industry experience.
• You have outstanding organization skills with ability to prioritize workload.
• You are an independent decision maker.
• You are research oriented, have an acute attention to detail, and stellar problem-solving skills.
• Are articulate and outgoing with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, are resilient at multitasking and possess excellent time management skills.
• You are a dedicated team player.
• Are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Detailed knowledge music labels, genres, and rosters.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent industry experience.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2n4jy-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.