Financial Analyst, IMGN
Warner Music Group
New York, NY
Finance Planning Manager
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Business Transformation Office.
A little bit about our team:
The WMG Business Transformation Office is helping build the Digital Music Company of the Future, focused on: digital transformation; organizational design; strategic planning; technology systems, solutions and processes; and non-labor cost management across the globe.
The Transformation Office manages the formulation of long-term strategic initiatives to ensure cohesiveness and consistency with the Group's overall corporate strategic vision and mission.
The team leads and manages the evaluation of potential business ideas, merger and acquisition (M&A) and corporate projects, as well as the development of plans to facilitate the effective execution of identified projects, in order to support the Group's corporate strategy and operational needs.
Why this could be your next big break:
Reporting to the EVP Business Transformation, the Finance Planning Manager works within a global remit and is responsible for supporting the implementation of the WMG Business Transformation.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage the ongoing documentation and socialization of transformation cost/benefit efforts across all WMG Technology and Enterprise transformation initiatives to ensure delivery against the business case
• Work with the Tech Planning team to determine product and project budgets, forecast spend, business outcome metrics and presentational material
• Help track costs against project budgets
• Own all month-end close activities (including journal entry prep), budget, forecasts, and cash flow reporting for the ATO
• Review all vendor time sheets & invoices to ensure appropriate allocation of cap ex / op-ex
• Meet with heads of IT, GDO and Business Portfolio Directors to manage costs and savings
• Align and engage on an ongoing basis with the ATO Program leadership, 3rd Party Vendors and Transformation Consultants
• Responsible for all program invoice submissions, coding, vendor set-ups and payment status tracking
• Execute all ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed
• Own the preparation of all monthly reporting; including Board reporting packages and other data used for external reporting
Rockstar candidates will have:
• Bachelor's degree in either Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics
• 5+ years' work experience
• Strong finance & analytical skills; music / entertainment industry experience not required but a plus
• Relevant Accounting and FP&A Analyst experience
• Superior Microsoft Office skills and ability to perform complex analysis and presentation material
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Strong time management skills
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Strong Finance experience in a fast-paced organization
• Superior communication skills
• Worked in a transformation environment
• PMO experience and/or PMP certification
• Media or entertainment experience preferred