Los Angeles, CA
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Manager Finance
A little bit about our team:
The Finance team at Warner Records supports all aspects of financials for the record label including Marketing, A&R, Revenue, Overhead and Expense reporting.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Finance Manager will be an integral member of the team, working closely within Finance, the Operations teams, and the Shared Services team in Nashville, gaining invaluable exposure to various elements of a music company as well as exposure to senior management. Everyone on our team is given the opportunity to get involved in special projects and will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the Warner Records business.
Here you'll get to:
• Update and maintain the monthly forecast and annual budget schedules
• Work closely with the Accounting team in Nashville on monthly close and review of balance sheet
• Review 3rd party statements and partner with the Participations team to ensure accuracy
• Participate in special projects and assignments
• Assist in forecasting and managing overhead costs for the label
• Create monthly financial deck presentations
• Analyze internal & external partner data to communicate key trends in the distributed music space
• You have a Bachelor's degree in Finance Accounting preferred
• You have 5+ years of experience in a finance, accounting, or audit role
• You have excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
• You have a strong sense of ownership, passionate, fast learner, detail-oriented, and analytical mindset
• You have advanced excel skills
• The ability to grasp new concepts and take initiative
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience in the music or entertainment industry
• Experience with SAP
• A passion for music
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5ej6-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.