Finance Manager (Temp)
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Finance Manager
A little bit about our team:
Under general supervision, with latitude for independent judgment and decision, is responsible for managing accounting functions and financial reporting.
Why this could be your next big break:
Ever wondered how much it costs to produce music for film and TV or work with our neighbors to the North in Canada. Well now's your chance……
Here you'll get to:
• Performs routine accounting functions, including day to day activity and month-end close.
• Reviews trial balances and investigates other issues related to the financial close process, including, but not limited to the analysis of revenue & cost variances and other financial accounts.
• Prepares monthly financial statements and commentary within deadlines provided by Corporate Accounting.
• Performs data entry of Canadian and WCPM cash receipts into the cash receipts system meeting tight deadlines daily.
• Responsible for year-end closing procedure in our GL (Navision).
• Receives funds or bank reports of funds related to revenue for Production Music and Canada and tracks revenue by type for recognition.
• Monitors bank records daily reflecting and tracking status of accounts and corresponds with bank regarding cash account issues or discrepancies.
• Works with Accounts Payable to reconcile cash for Canada and Accounting Sr. Director for Production Music.
• Coordinates with the WCPM and Canada Licensing department to ensure invoices are accurately generated and applied as well as generates invoices for specific receivables, as needed.
• Update 606 Rev Rec models monthly and prepare monthly accruals.
• Prepare monthly SOX controls.
• Prepares monthly sync accrual and Sync testing.
• Assist the Sr. Director and VP of Finance and management to create financial forecasts and budgets for Canada and WCPM.
• Prepares monthly cash forecast for Canada and WCPM for submission to WMG.
• Prepares monthly HST return, Canada quarterly reports, and annual tax package.
• Performs Quarterly royalty reconciliation for WCM Canada.
• Liaises with royalty department when necessary to resolve the special handling of receivables and/or payments for WCPM and Canada.
• Handles and safeguards confidential and proprietary information.
• Must be able to effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
• Must be able to come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment.
• Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Must be able to perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Must be able to work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
Two (2) years of responsible professional experience in accounting, financial management or administration, performing tasks which require sufficient knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures, review and preparation of financial statements and reports.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
A baccalaureate degree required with a major in Accounting or related field.
Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphases in Excel; consistently takes initiative, demonstrate strong research, analytical and mathematical skills; knowledge of general business practices; posses a strong work ethic; strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail; strong communication skills (written and verbal); ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments; produce quality work and be accountable; manage time; ability to work well in team; demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work; anticipates needs and creates efficient and effective processes; self-starter, self motivated and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks; thinks outside the box, strategically and analytically; demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx6qq-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.