Senior Manager, Agile Program Delivery
Warner Music Group
New York, NY
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Econometric Data Scientist, International
A little bit about our team:
The Research + Analysis department works to influence WMG's strategy and optimize day-to-day operations through data and insights. This position sits within R+A's global team, working with WEA Account Management, local affiliates/labels, international teams, Business Development and WMG Corporate to understand the econometric trends and dynamics driving music consumption and in particular growing WMG's share of it. This role will have liaison with the European & International markets and assist establishing best practices for causal measurement and financial/market prediction. The successful candidate will work on quantifying the impact of breaking hits, sustaining catalog repertoire, and marketing initiatives and campaigns in a competitive marketplace.
Why this could be your next big break:
Data is the lifeblood of today's record business, and in this role you'll get a chance to apply your creativity and problem-solving skills to some massive amounts of data to help our labels and artists connect with streaming fans. Because the R+A team works closely with labels internationally, you will have the opportunity to see the inner workings and decision-making of an international record label - and the chance to influence those decisions with analysis. We're a collaborative team that loves learning new things, sharing ideas, thinking about the future of the music industry – and helping our company get there.
Here you'll get to:
• Develop new econometric prediction and optimization procedures.
• Communicate findings and insights to key stakeholders to establish best practices, and to guide analysis into action and results.
• Develop new prediction, reporting & decision making tools using: stochastic processes, exogenous ambient data, and internal financial forensics to assist in real-time prediction of audience consumption and market performance.
• Handle various ad-hoc requests and projects about market insights.
• Interact with data engineering teams to identify the data needs for mathematical models.
• Help instantiate a robust econometric back-end for market predictions.
• Masters Degree with 2 years of work experience or commensurate in Quantitative Finance, Econometrics, Engineering Economy, Statistics, Mathematics or similar
• Proficiency in R, Python, SQL
• A results-oriented mind-set with strong analytical skills and problem0solving ability
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively (orally and in writing)
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects
• 1-3 years of experience
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience in end-to-end engineering economy life-cycle models
• Hands-on experience with at least one MIP solver (CPLEX, Gurobi, LINDO, AIMMS, etc.).
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.