Los Angeles, CA
Director, Workplace Strategy & Facilities
Description of Responsibilities and Expectations
Director, Workplace Strategy & Facilities
The Director, Workplace Strategy & Facilities position will serve three primary functions:
1) Workplace Strategy – Strategic Partner to the VP, Workplace Strategy supporting process improvement through KPI creation, overseeing procedural processes associated with corporate real estate functions, including but not limited to scheduling, budgeting, forecasting, design, planning, and special events of each facility.
2) Facilities Leadership – Provide developmental and inspiring leadership with oversight over the maintenance, mailroom, and receptionist teams; the chief liaison to the building manager. Project Management of maintenance projects to ensure proper proactive maintenance of facilities. General support of the Vice President with proactive day-to-day oversight of facility operations of assigned WMG locations
3) Special Events Planning- Work with executives, Corporate Communication teams, production teams to plan special events in Warner Music Group's DTLA newly constructed event space.
WORKPLACE STRATEGY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Strategic Partner to VP, Workplace Strategy & Facilities to evaluate & implement appropriate KPI/metrics for facility services.
• Analyze data and cost and make recommendations to present to senior leadership in order to develop solutions to improve process and to maximize best in class service and productivity.
• Present cost analysis to senior leaders through various clear and concise communications modes, including building deck presentations, holding stakeholder meeting agendas, etc.
• Provide real estate coordination for WMG real estate portfolio, including managing the real estate approval and recommendation process, lease management and buy-vs-lease analysis.
• Support VP on portfolio optimization strategy (renegotiation, relocations, and closures) and portfolio management (terminations, expirations, and renewals).
• Provide input into financial planning; serve as on site POC in budgeting, forecasting and reporting of expenses; and develop/administer capital and operating expense budgets for an assigned group of facilities.
• Provide strategy development, portfolio analysis and realization of cost savings initiatives for the Company's regional real estate portfolio.
• Understand individual division business drivers and needs, then apply that knowledge and develop plans which deliver effective real estate portfolio and workplace solutions to support those business needs.
• Lead significant real estate projects within the region as the internal project manager and deliver them on time and budget at the defined quality.
• Interact directly with business leaders and work closely with a network of regional & global resources to meet or beat individual site, region and Company real estate/facilities objectives and goals.
• Establish and leverage relationships with landlords, developers, brokers, and lawyers.
• Lead the site and property selection process and coordinate resources to support both internal and external special events on site.
FACILITIES LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for directing day-to-day facilities functions, implements standardized policies and safety procedures over multiple assigned sites.
• Supervises/Manages the Facilities staff through knowledge and understanding of current Company and Campus vision, mission, values, policies and procedures
• Establish and manage relationships with vendors and contractors.
• Establish building readiness KPI's around all LA campuses, ensuring all workspaces, conference rooms, pantries, offices, center stage and recording rooms are occupant ready.
• Work closely with Leadership & Corp Comm on managing the approved special event calendar, supporting corporate/all employee events, & hospitality/branding programs
• Oversee operations of building systems equipment; routine preventative maintenance.
• Cost-effectively manage perks and amenities that are influential on retaining employees.
• Oversee a highly driven group of maintenance managers, maintenance engineers and technicians, receptionists, and events support team.
SPECIAL EVENTS PLANNING RESPONSIBILITIES:
• POC onsite driving event requests and support logistics - make sure all coordination's are in place and work closely with label POC's.
• Prepare special event budgets and monitor the special event approval process.
• Coordinate all label specific special events, leading staff, coordinating venue/site readiness, vendor/sponsor selection, & and oversee the team pre/during/post event.
• Experience: 10+ years of experience in the commercial real estate industry.
• Education: Undergraduate degree required, preferably in Real Estate, Engineering, Project Management, or similar background.
• Experience in Managing complex Projects
• Presentation Skills are required; this role will be expected to create PowerPoint presentation stories through data analytics to communicate recommendations to key stakeholders.
• Industry accreditations, professional registration or other advanced training is highly preferred.
• Experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams.
• Strong familiarity with building system operations (HVAC, lighting, elevators, etc.)
• Experience in managing service providers and vendors to provide solutions.
• Negotiation experience in all aspects of real estate, construction and facilities contracts.
• MS Office proficiency
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.