WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Director, Tour Development
Based on the skill assessed during the interview process and with the approval of the SVP of Strategic Marketing and Analysis, the role can be filled at a Manager, Senior Manager, Director, or Senior Director level role.
A little bit about our team:
In this role, you will sit inside of the Artist Development department, reporting to the SVP/strategic marketing + analytics. You will work with artist agents, promoters, managers, production companies, and third-party contractors to create, strategize, and maximize opportunities in the marketplace for entire Warner Music Nashville roster. As the only Tour Development team in Nashville, we are proud to add value to an artist's live show and believe that the live space is the key to fan engagement and artist development.
Why this could be your next big break:
This role offers the opportunity to oversee daily operations and strategy for the Tour Development department. You will be responsible for adding value to all live events (tours, streams, promotional tours, special events, etc.) and will serve as the in-house touring expert. You will collaborate with artist agents, managers, promoters, and third-party contractors as well as WMN Artist Development, Radio & Streaming, and Publicity departments to create strategic live opportunities and momentum around current tour and promo dates (including virtual opportunities!).
Here you'll get to:
• You will oversee all details relating to artists tours, including promotions, schedules, security, and ticketing
• You will collaborate with internal and external teams to elevate artist tour announces, on sales, and tour promotions (some of which may include virtual events)
• You will communicate priorities and strategize live opportunities with artist managers, agents, promoters, and third-party contractors to drive collaborative efforts and create new business opportunities
• You will communicate the status of artists tours and the touring industry routinely with the rest of the label
• You will review, audit, and approve Tour Support requests
• You will manage Ticketing Budget and Tour Marketing Budgets
• You will oversee various internal systems that house all touring data, including Master Tour
• You will lead the Tour Development team; managing Department Coordinator and Intern(s)
• You will travel regularly to see each artist, and artist teams, on the road for tour dates, content shoots, and promotions to foster relationships and provide insights to the company
• You have 3-5 years of similar/related experience
• You are passionate about music
• You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
• You enjoy building and fostering relationships across teams, departments, and with external partners
• You are organized, analytical, thoughtful, and a self-starter
• You are a highly effective communicator
• You are familiar with Master Tour, Pollstar, MRC Music Connect, etc.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1p4bm-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.