At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Director, Synchronization
A little bit about our team:
The Synchronization Licensing team is directly responsible for connecting our songwriters to creative music users in film, TV, advertising, video games, and merchandising. We look for innovative ways to pair songs with content that influences culture on a global level and enriches the lives of music lovers everywhere. To accomplish this, we work directly with our writers to better understand their goals and ambitions and we customize our services and marketing approach accordingly. We're always looking for unique and interesting new ways to promote the extraordinary breadth & diversity of our catalogs.
Why this could be your next big break:
If you love music both new and old, are highly organized, a strategic thinker, and want to create game-changing opportunities for some of the best songwriters in the world, Warner Chappell's synchronization licensing team is the place for you. We pride ourselves on being the best creative partner and solution provider to all professional music users. If that's what drives you too, we want you on our team.
Here you'll get to:
• Connect some of the best songwriters and songs in the world with licensing opportunities in media and branding that reach a global audience and directly influence our culture.
• Provide expert creative and administrative services to a broad variety of media projects.
• Further position Warner Chappell as the best partner for all professional users of music.
• Manage clearance process for WC Nashville including going out for approvals, responding to incoming approvals, following up with approval parties on behalf of the clearance team and updating approval contacts/information when necessary, consulting with managers and writers on fees/terms whenever necessary
• Respond to requests for information (quotes, splits, files, etc.) from pending projects, clients, etc.
• Work with A&R team to brainstorm sync collaborations
• Sign & support sync-focused writers in the Nashville market
• Make sure that songs turned in for sync are input for registration as well as added to Sharp so that information is complete
• Maintain relationships with the sync team (NYC, LA, international), as well as outside sync creatives, publishers, labels, managers, & agencies
• Regularly meet with with artists, writers, managers, colleagues, etc.
• Build and maintain relationships with music supervisors, agencies, brands
• Listen to and provide feedback on new music turned in for sync
• Keep an eye on pitches going out across the team to see if there are opportunities that might make sense for Nashville
• Create and maintain relevant Nashville-specific playlists for wider sync team to use as resources (i.e. decades, easy clear, hits, sports, etc.)
• Send confirmed syncs to Shazam to ensure songs are searchable
• Gather and share trends, ideas and briefs with writers looking for ideas, direction and guidance relating to sync opportunities
• Create sync opportunities for writers to write original songs specific to sync
• WCM Masters – assist in securing new Master rights, pitch, and license growing Master uses
• Attend events such as showcases, #1 parties, industry events, etc.
• Meet with new writers (or writers new to sync) to provide overview of how sync works, listen to their catalog and provide specific feedback and ideas for how they can be successful in sync with their specific skill set
• Share relevant syncs and news for social media posting; share with writers/artists and have them post as well whenever it makes sense
• Set up artist/writer showcases whenever it makes sense (agency showcases, Live In the Vineyard, guitar pulls for visiting supervisors)
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 5-7 years' experience in sync/music production for advertising and/or branding clients.
• Thorough understanding of, and passion for, all genres and eras of popular music and demonstrable knowledge of the creative intersection of music and advertising.
• A high degree of self-motivation and responsibility for/ownership of tasks, with the ability to handle high volume of creative project work with accurate and timely execution.
• General computer software skills with exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Office software, and a basic understanding of digital marketing tools and data (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
• Excellent professional communication skills and etiquette, both written and verbal.
• A high level of customer service, phone etiquette, and presentation skill.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d550k7-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.