WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Director, Marketing/Podcast Marketing Lead
A little bit about our team:
WMG's Digital Strategy & Business Development team is responsible for leading the global deal negotiations with digital service providers on behalf of Warner Music Group. We strike deals with global distribution platforms and find new business opportunities in hopes of reaching audiences, growing monetization, and creating value for our labels and artists.
Why this could be your next big break:
WMG has made the strategic decision to bolster our podcasting presence. This role will be responsible for developing, executing and monitoring the marketing strategy for all WMG podcast series titles. This individual will work closely with WMG podcast creators, talent, and partners to devise unique and authentic campaigns that speak to each individual show's audience. The ideal candidate would be based in New York.
Here you'll get to:
• Own the marketing planning and strategy for all WMG podcast titles, leveraging paid media, social, PR, in-network cross promotion, and/or experiential tactics.
• Define the go-to market series messaging, creative positioning, and audience opportunity for all shows within the WMG podcasting slate.
• Develop, implement, and execute cohesive marketing plans to build awareness and increase listener growth around all our shows.
• Oversee external vendor & agency relationships to optimize strategy and execution.
• Collaborate closely with WMG's current Podcast Operations & Production leads and work hand in hand with WMG senior management to ensure alignment.
• Work closely with various DSP partners to promote the programming slates across our existing strategic content partnerships.
• Track and create reports detailing key performance metrics during the various stages of launch.
• Create learnings from previous campaigns in an effort to constantly improve our targeting.
• Embrace a start-up environment building a brand from the ground up.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in audience development and growth marketing within the podcast and/or video space.
• Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns.
• Experience in buying digital and podcast media.
• Strong verbal, writing, and presentation abilities.
• Strong analytical and project management skills.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Strong connections within the podcasting industry.
• PR or branding experience.
• Interest in the music industry preferred.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpx3j4-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.