Director, Data Science
Warner Music Group
New York, NY
Director, Internal Audit
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Internal Audit team.
Job Title: Director, Internal Audit
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Group Internal Audit vision is to provide high quality assurance and advisory services in a dynamic, innovative, and impactful way.
Our work includes SOX audits, operational audits, risk management projects, and proactive involvement in strategic initiatives for the business such as major system implementations, process transformation, and acquisitions. The Internal Audit department partners with the business to focus on the most important risks and issues facing the organization and delivers results that will make the biggest positive impact. We strive to be valuable business advisors that provide meaningful insights and solutions, not just information and recommendations. We continuously look for ways to improve our audit and risk management processes and leverage technology to maximize our impact.
Our success is measured by the amount of internal control improvement, risk mitigation and overall positive change that we drive across the organization.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are seeking an Internal Audit Director to drive the execution of our audit services, with a focus on SOX projects adhering to control standards required for a public company. In this role, you will guide our internal and co-sourced audit teams in providing objective assurance and advisory services that mitigate risk and improve controls and compliance across our global organization. Additionally, you will provide guidance and support the business with respect to global finance transformation initiatives, as well as participate in designing the future-state audit program to include SOX, operational, and compliance audits. The Director, Internal Audit will report to the Vice President, Internal Audit and will play a key role in conducting risk assessments and supporting the delivery and execution of engagements aligned with the audit plan. This role requires a high-caliber individual with extensive accounting, auditing, and SOX experience in companies of similar size and complexity. The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to influence decision making at a senior level.
Here you'll get to:
• Contribute to the design and implementation of agile internal audit processes, methodology, and ongoing process improvements
• Lead SOX audits across WMG's global companies
• Drive the timely execution of audit engagements from planning through reporting
• Update the audit schedule and manage resources as necessary based on changes in priority or senior leadership requests
• Establish the scope, objectives, and approach to audits applying a risk-based methodology that achieves timely results and high-quality audit deliverables
• Educate business stakeholders on control expectations and best practices for quality-driven and sustainable SOX results for a public company
• Collaborate with the business to drive actions that are pragmatic and achievable
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships within the team and with business stakeholders
• Participate in internal audits projects in various capacities from leading and conducting SOX audits to supporting and guiding audit teams
• Review key internal audit workpapers, including planning documents, control testing, and audit reports, to ensure clear identification of risks and issues
• Critically evaluate audit issues identified including assessment of the issue/root cause and financial statement impact
• Communicate audit findings timely and collaborate with process owners to develop creative, yet practical, recommendations to remediate control deficiencies
• Manage the follow-up and reporting of internal audit findings until deficiencies are remediated
• Liaise with business and finance leadership and communicate status of key projects and initiatives, and audit results
• Identify themes, trends, and emerging risks for escalation and communication to senior leadership
• Manage internal audit staff development, training, and career planning
• Be a change agent to lead and effect desired change throughout the organization
• Oversee and lead special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Vice President, Internal Audit
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Demonstrate a proficient understanding of US GAAP, COSO framework, Sarbanes-Oxley, IIA PPF, and leading business practices
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including listening, verbal, written, and presentation, with the ability to communicate effectively within various levels of the company and senior level management
• Exhibit strong project management and organization skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize various workstreams simultaneously Deliver exceptional customer service, including the ability to manage differing perspectives and influence positive outcomes
• Display strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues
• Demonstrate attention to detail, strong organizational skills, tolerance for uncertainty, and ability to be agile and adaptable
• Exhibit the ability to thrive in a creative, dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and resources effectively
• Prove your ability to manage teams in a matrixed reporting environment, shifting between the role of an individual contributor, project manager, and thought leader
• Translate short-term and long-term department goals into team and individual performance goals.
• Show your ability to influence, lead and motivate team members
• Display a high standard of ethics and professionalism
• Travel domestically and internationally if required
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
• 9+ years of overall experience in some combination of in Big 4 public accounting and/or internal audit
• A minimum of 5 years of experience managing and developing teams
• Experience with SAP S/4 HANA, HFM, Oracle Financials, and SharePoint software
• CPA, CIA, CISA, or other relevant designation
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.