New Release Content Manager
Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Director, Digital Legal Affairs
A little bit about our team:
Warner Chappell's Digital team is responsible for growing revenues through all forms of digital exploitation and finding new and innovative ways in which to grow our business in a way that underlines the value of our incredible catalogue of work. The team is responsible for identifying, negotiating, drafting contracts, as well as working internally with Operations and Finance to ensure that all reporting is delivered on time and the relevant payments have been made on time. In addition to this the team works across multiple territories, either directly or in a support role, advising our International affiliates. This role is a new position in the team and will play a vital part in allowing us to be more agile and deliver better results to our writers, quicker.
Why this could be your next big break:
This role is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and engaged, commercially driven lawyer, who is looking to challenge themselves by working with new, exciting and innovative technology platforms. This position will play a vital part in shaping how our fantastic songwriters' repertoire is respected and protected at a government and regulatory level, while working closely with the Commercial team to implement the changes that you will have helped to shape. If you want to be in a transformative and pivotal role at one of the biggest music publishers in the world, then this is the role for you!
Here you'll get to:
• Work with the Commercial team to draft and negotiate licensing agreements with all digital partners with a primary focus on US-specific and global agreements;
• Work with the relevant internal departments in all regulatory and government issues relating to the digital exploitation of our repertoire within the US;
• Maintain a tracking system for all digital deals in coordination with the relevant internal departments, to ensure a clear and transparent access to relevant information relating to all partner deals throughout the Americas;
• Be responsible for managing and responding to all internal enquiries relating to the legal aspect of our US digital business; and, amongst many other things:
• Have input into the US and global digital strategy for Warner Chappell, with emphasis on how the strategy will impact on or be impacted by changes at a regulatory or legislative level;
Five (5) years of responsible professional experience in negotiating and drafting digital licenses in the music industry or or related field.
J.D. and barred in at least one state in the US
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience in working with teams across multiple time zones and an understanding of the cultural differences that make all our regional offices so dynamic and unique.
• Knowledge of the Music Modernization Act, ASCAP and BMI consent decrees, and Copyright Royalty Board rate setting proceedings
• Experience with working with performing rights organizations and other rights management organizations (i.e., MRI, HFA, etc).
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7ok0-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.