At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-oriented mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
Job Title: Director, Deals Office
A little bit about our team:
Deals are the lifeline of Warner Chappell's business. This role will report to the Head of the Deals Office and interact with the Co-Chairs of the company, head of US A&R, Legal and Business Affairs, Digital and Administration departments along with the CEOs and CFOs of all of Warner Chappell's offices around the globe. You will also be managing two analysts to assist you in your role.
Warner Chappell is at an extremely exciting juncture in its history. The company has experienced strong double-digit growth over the past few years. Solid industry dynamics coupled with a new management team backed by our long-term owner, Access Industries, provides a very unique company, team and opportunity for the right candidate to excel. This role is based in Los Angeles where the company's global headquarters are located.
Here you'll get to:
• Work with senior management of Warner Chappell and Warner Music Group in evaluating global deals, determining optimal deal structures, ensuring the deal models are supported by bulletproof backup and presenting those deals to the various senior management teams as required.
• You will maintain a global deal model template that is easy to use and flexible but provides the necessary visibility to make solid investment decisions.
• You will gain knowledge of how a music publishing company works, including an understanding of the various ways we exploit and monetize our rights and intellectual property.
• For larger global deals, you and your team will drive the due diligence and modeling of potential acquisitions, working closely with Warner Music Group M&A team.
• You will also track past deals to monitor their performance against the various deal models.
We'd love it if you also had:
• A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience from investment banking, hedge fund, corporate development, analyst or deal office experience to succeed in this role.
• A high level of experience with Excel
• Great interpersonal skills, exemplary writing skills along with a creative mind for deal structuring are some of the necessary attributes required to be successful in this role.
• You should also be a strong leader and developer of talent.
• The ideal candidate will also be very detail-oriented which is crucial for accurate deal modeling.
• A self-starter who has demonstrated experience juggling many projects/deals simultaneously.
• The ideal candidate must also be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• The candidate must be able to adhere to deadlines along with a commitment to turning deal analysis around quickly to ensure the company remains competitive in the marketplace.
• Knowledge of the music or music publishing business would be helpful but not required
• Finance, accounting or business undergraduate degree or MBA
• Appreciation for music
Effective October 1st, this position will require being in the office 4 days a week. We believe that an in-office presence is critical for talent development, collaboration and building strong relationships.
Links to relevant documents:
2023 Benefits At A Glance.pdf
EVerify Participation Poster.pdf
Right To Work - English.pdf
Right to Work - Spanish.pdf
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6v92q-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.