Social Media Specialist
Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
Director, Brand Marketing WCPM have been the recipients of many industry awards, including multiple Emmy®, Telly, ADDY and Promax honors.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, hands-on Brand Director with leadership skills and proven marketing savvy who can bring new ideas to the table, inspire team participation and nurture ideas and strategies to fully-realized, high-level execution.
Why this could be your next big break:
The perfect candidate will have a deep understanding of both production music and TV/Film production industries and will report to the Head of Production while working closely with other key executives on strategy and initiatives. This position oversees all aspects of the WCPM brand as it pertains to marketing and sales initiatives including overall brand guidelines and messaging, catalog/album/artist promotions, website updates, advertising campaigns, SEO, social media, event organizing, in-house and client presentations, contests and give-aways. The Brand Director will oversee the Manager of Marketing (Nashville), source various consultants as needed and strategize closely with sales and production divisions to promote various products and services.
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee Manager of Marketing based in Nashville, TN.
• Work with WCPM executives including affiliate offices (Germany, UK, France), to help craft, execute and maintain brand 'look and feel' across regions.
• Develop and oversee promotional campaigns for existing catalogs, new catalog launches and album releases.
• Working with Marketing Mgr , Production Mgr and tech teams, manage and maintain 'look and feel' of various WCPM websites (Soundminer, SourceAudio, SyncTank, etc.) including imagery, news updates, event coverage.
• Work with Head of Production and team to create and oversee all marketing campaigns and outreach including digital (e-blasts, online contests, newsletters, streaming concerts, social media, etc.) and print.
• Strategize and oversee key events including music showcases, studio open houses, release parties, client and/or business partner gatherings, sponsorships (award shows, conferences, etc.)
• Oversee development of branding strategy for new 'sub-brands' of WCPM (custom music, clearance and cue sheet services, etc.)
• Attend various events here and abroad to manage/coordinate WCPM's involvement with yearly conferences, tradeshows, industry gatherings, etc.
• Work with Mgr. Marketing and Nashville team to promote niche news music division;
• Research and develop new and unique outlets and partnerships for promotion of WCPM brand.
• Liaison with WCPM executives to disseminate Company information/announcements to the staff and clients.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Develop branded merchandise from concept to execution for promotional campaigns and give-aways.
• Liaison with 3rd party library partners globally to collect, manage and release promotional materials to the domestic market.
• Liaison with Warner Chappell Corporate Communications to coordinate news stories, interviews, press releases for trade publications, general interest outlets and new media.
• Oversee internal awareness of WCPM within Warner Chappell via events, panels, meet-and-greets, etc.
• Work with Marketing Manager to compile and track yearly Marketing and Convention budgets.
• Work with executive and sales teams to help craft strategies for nurturing and expanding client base.
• Establish and oversee the marketing calendar and delegate tasks to staff accordingly.
• Design and develop applicable reports to analyze marketing campaigns, product acceptance, market research, etc.
• Develop and oversee employee bonding events and opportunities.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A bachelor's degree in a related field and 5 years of experience working in Marketing, Advertising and/or Brand management within the entertainment industry.
• Superior writing skills including creative and proposal writing, press releases, ad copy, promotional writing, album descriptions, etc.
• In-depth graphic knowledge and experience working with graphic software and graphic artists.
• Proven experience working with social media.
• Excellent verbal communication skills and experience working with press and PR.
• Visual 'eye' and creative flair with regard to marketing and branding ideas.
• Strong awareness of music trends and general pop 'zeitgeist'.
• Self-directed to prioritize daily schedule and meet deadlines while maintaining high quality standards.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.