At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Data Scientist
The Research + Analysis department works to influence WMG's strategy and optimize day-to-day operations through data and insights. This position sits within the NYC-based global Research+Analysis team, working closely with colleagues across Business Development WEA Distribution, and Label Partners to better understand what makes our global digital partners tick, and how we can use that information to the advantage of our artists and songwriters.
The Data Scientist will work in a Data Science Center of Excellence using, in particular, data specific to the music industry. The scientist will deliver reporting, advanced inference, predictive products and tools using, in particular, data native to the music industry. The position reports to the Director of Data Science
• Contribute to the development of high-impact tools and the execution of ad hoc projects with methodological soundness and scientific rigor
• Work with businesses partners across WMG to apply data science for enhanced decision-making
• Collaborate with other Data Scientists in the execution of project objectives, timelines and responsibilities as defined by the Director of Data Science
• Function as a translator of complex problems and solutions across technical, business and executive units at all levels of the organization
• Manage multiple priorities across a mix of ad hoc and operational projects
• Think critically about data and the appropriate pairings of use cases and data
• Drive the collection and manipulation of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
• Graduate Degree (PhD encouraged) with a specialization in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, or other fields where advanced quantitative methods are applied
• Deep statistical training and fluency in applying advanced methods for inference and prediction
• 2+ years of experience in Data Science, advanced analytics or academia applying advanced statistical methods and machine learning techniques to complex data sources
• 2+ years of experience using R or Python at an expert level
• 2+ years of experience with data visualization techniques and concepts
• 2+ years of experience using relational databases and SQL
• Expert knowledge of additional programming languages (i.e., Julia, Java, Scala) a plus
• Experience using distributed computing environments a bonus
• Aptitude to learn new methods and tools as required
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2mo1-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.