Econometric Data Scientist, International
Warner Music Group
New York, NY
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Data Science Engineer
A little bit about our team:
The Research + Analysis department works to influence WMG's strategy and optimize day-to-day operations through data and insights. This position sits within the NYC-based global Research + Analysis team, working closely with colleagues across Business Development WEA Distribution, and Label Partners to better understand what makes our global digital partners tick, and how we can use that information to the advantage of our artists and songwriters.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Data Science Engineer will support the newly created Data Science organization within Research + Analysis on tasks at the intersection on Data Engineering, Machine Learning Engineering and Machine Learning Operations. The Data Science Engineer will also serve as a technical liaison with Data Engineers in different technology organizations across Warner Music Group. The position is not entry-level and requires prior experience performing these tasks. The position reports to the Director of Data Science.
Here you'll get to:
• Harden and optimize ETL scripts and data pipelines built by Data Scientists for data exploration, modeling and visualizations,
• Deploy model pipelines and build task orchestration,
• Ensure computation efficiency in deployed algorithms and data pipelines
• Build and maintain tables and APIs (or other endpoints) where model outputs can be read by dashboards or visualization tools
• Serve as a technical liaison with Data Engineers in various technology organizations across Warner Music Group
• Execute tasks in time and with exceptional attention to detail
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Graduate Degree (Masters encouraged) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Data Engineering, Data Science, or related fields
• 2 years of experience in a business setting
• performing Data Engineering, Machine Learning Engineering or Machine Learning Operations tasks
• training, tuning, validating Machine Learning models
• scaling and optimizing Machine Learning models for deployment
• expertly using SQL and NoSQL databases
• operating in cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
• using tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Spark, Hadoop) with high proficiency
• using scripting languages (e.g. Python, Julia, Scala) at an expert level
• Aptitude to learn new technologies, tools and methods as required
• Experience with Data Science tasks and knowledge of additional programming languages a plus
• Experience using and deploying containers a bonus
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.