Warner Music Group
New York, NY
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Data Science Associate
The Research + Analysis department works to influence WMG's strategy and optimize day-to-day operations through data and insights. This position sits within the NYC-based global Research+Analysis team, working closely with colleagues across Business Development WEA Distribution, and Label Partners to better understand what makes our global digital partners tick, and how we can use that information to the advantage of our artists and songwriters.
The Data Science Associate will work in a Data Science Center of Excellence using, in particular, data specific to the music industry to deliver reporting, advanced inference, predictive products and tools using, in particular, data native to the music industry. The Data Science Associate role is an entry-level position that offers associates with a high-impact introduction to applied data science in the music industry. The position reports to the Director of Data Science.
Here you will get to:
• Develop scripts for extraction, exploration, visualization and transformation of data at scale
• Assist Data Scientists in prototyping applications of statistical and machine learning algorithms to analyze data, produce inferential insights or predictions at scale
• Assist Data Scientists with research tasks to support the development of proofs of concept (POCs)
• Execute tasks in time and with exceptional attention to detail
• Master's degree with majors and/or minors in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, or other fields where quantitative methods are routinely applied
• Coursework in statistics, machine learning or econometrics required
• Coursework or experience with data visualization techniques and concepts
• Coursework or experience using relational databases and SQL
• Proficient use of R or Python
• Aptitude to learn new methods and tools as required
• Coursework or training in applying methods for inference and/or prediction a plus
• Knowledge of additional programming languages (i.e., Julia, Java, Scala) a plus
• Experience using distributed computing environments a bonus
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.