Sr. Manager, Label & Product Management Digital Strategy
Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
Data Quality Control Manager
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Global Data Operations team at Warner Music Group.
A little bit about our team:
The team's role is to create and maintain data products and serve as data experts (SMEs) to various parts of WMG. The role of expert is derived from the nature of mining data from various systems to fulfill business needs, this places our team in a unique position to bridge business needs with technology and/or business process solutions.
We deliver analytics via both ad hoc and standardized reporting using Tableau, Excel and other outlets. We mine various systems to help create structured and useful reporting to support, Research + Analysis, Global Commercial and Marketing teams, Finance, and other business units.
As data experts, the team partners with IT to build and test new data models that are implemented into new and existing systems for WMG and affiliates.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will be a key point of contact for all things data quality related within WMG Business Intelligence analysis. You will have the opportunity to:
• Review and maintain the data integrity of Tableau dashboards and automated reporting
• Help to develop quality control policy on building data products by:
• Ensuring logic used fits the model
• Code is optimized to run efficiently
• Values reported are validated and tested thoroughly
• Develop projects from start to finish including data extraction, cleansing, manipulation, visualization & automation.
• Work across multiple territories & departments to gain a richer understanding of various parts of the music industry.
• Use industry standard data, analytics & visualization tools such as Tableau.
Here you'll get to: You are the first point of contact when it comes to reviewing and ensuring Data Quality and Integrity for all our processes and products. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Data Organization & Validation:
• Monitor all sources of data and dashboards and communicate to IT for solutions and the user community for updates.
• Collaborate with leadership to organize and strategize the toolsets to ensure the quality of data produced by the team is accurate and suits the needs of users.
• Update data quality control policy/standards on all content pertinent to WMG.
• Identify opportunities for enhancements and additions for existing products, tools, and systems.
• Validate and help to maintain documentation and internal training tools.
• Build Data Sources, Visualization & Data Products:
• Work with team members to act as a review point on all data products to validate for quality control:
• Process logic
• Optimized Code
• Validated Values
• Ensure design of data visualizations support key business decisions and use cases
• Maintain Relationships:
• Maintain relationships across WMG with IT, Analytics, Marketing and Commercial teams by attending meetings, participating in the Slack channels, joining data related calls and other functions.
• Investigate and answer inquires for data audit, confidence, and validation requests.
• Review data confidence reports and act to communicate to responsible and informed parties.
• Identify opportunities for cross-department/territory collaboration and project synergies.
• Communicate changes & issues related to data integrity with data and data related systems to the organization in a timely & audience appropriate way.This includes data latencies, ingest errors, and any other breakdown in the data pipeline.
Rockstar candidates will:
• Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively (orally and in writing)
• Be results oriented and attentive to detail with strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
• Have experience using version control software (Git) & the ability to collaborate & share project documentation with a technical team.
• Have some experience translating data to key stakeholders within the organization through visualization (preferably Tableau 2+ years' experience).
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Strong organizational and management skills
• Experience working within the music industry
• Have a strong understanding of data warehouses, database management systems, modeling and diagrams with intent to communicate esoteric concepts into tangible data products (2 to 4 years' experience)
• Have advanced ability to read and write various computing languages & tools (Python, SQL, Excel, etc.)
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.