At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Credit Analyst – Order to Cash
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music's new center of excellence for Shared Services, opening in 2017, will be home to the financial, legal and administrative functions that provide critical support and best-in-class services to our US Recorded Music and Publishing businesses. The Nashville center will embody the innovative and creative spirit that stems from the company's deep history in nurturing entrepreneurial thinking and artist-focused innovation, enabling our employees to develop a wide range of skills through cross-function collaboration and development opportunities.
The Finance Department will be responsible for managing all the center's accounting and cash management functions. As a critical component of the Finance department, the Order to Cash team will be responsible for measuring and monitoring financial risk related to the extension of credit terms as well as the timely recovery and optimizing efficiency related to incoming cash (receivables).
Why this could be your next big break:
The Analyst for Credit and Collections will analyze new and existing customer accounts, assess financial condition and recommend appropriate credit lines. Proactively work to minimize bad debt risk and maximize accounts receivable collections. The analyst will assist with order management as it relates to credit exposure and reconcile customer statements/billings. The analyst will also communicate and educate both internal and external customers on the organizations policies and procedures.
Here you'll get to:
• Assess customer credit risk and assignment of customer credit lines
• Assess and analyze financial statements (10Q/10K Filings)
• Provide financial order management support to supply chain and sales personnel to control credit exposure, affect timely payment, and minimize and resolve customer disputes
• Work closely with Deductions Analyst to ensure disputes are repaid, or escalated timely
• Lead and conduct customer collection calls and maintain diligent notes related to collection activities
• Maintain accurate credit and collection files and perform monthly portfolio analysis
• Support cross-functional teams (i.e. Cash Applications) and provide guidance to off-shore BPO (Infosys)
• Conduct return reconciliations to ensure adequate credit has been issued to customers
• Participate in departmental projects as required
Rockstar candidates will have:
• 1+ years' experience in commercial credit and collections. Including performing/preparing reconciliation's, dispute resolution, and risk analysis/financial underwriting.
• 1+ years' experience using an enterprise finance solution (SAP preferred)
• BS degree in accounting/business/finance or related field highly recommended
• Speaking Spanish to a fluent or bi-lingual level is preferred
• Previous experience in the media/entertainment industry a plus
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• The ability to analyze liquidity, efficiency, and profitability of financial statements and to articulate findings in a formal credit evaluation format
• Effectively secure prompt payment from customers while employing commercial sensitivity, business acumen, and good judgment with supporting justification and rationale
• Effective business writing and communication skills
• Self-motivator requiring minimal management oversight
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx9nk-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.