At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-oriented mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
Job Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Chappell Global Strategic Integration and Operations (SI&O) team is a small but mighty team focused on delivering and implementing business objectives. Working closely with our global leaders, we are responsible for driving and embedding our global business strategy. Technology is a very important part of our strategy, developing systems and products to amplify our business. The team are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to work alongside the wider team, partnering across all of Warner Chappell's divisions, as well as our Global Product and Tech teams.
Supporting the Director, Product Owner - Data & Business Intelligence, you will work in a future focused fast-paced and dynamic environment, integral to the development, delivery, and enhancement of bespoke intelligence requirements across all business areas globally. Working with the wider team, you will collaborate with stakeholders across the business to scope and deliver on all current and evolving business intelligence requirements.
The role will expand your music industry knowledge, giving you a thorough understanding of all its processes and nuances, and provide you the opportunity to grow your technical skillset.
Here you'll get to:
• Connect and collaborate with a large, varied group of stakeholders and business units to deliver on bespoke business intelligence requirements.
• Identify any valuable external sources of data and coordinate its ingestions and application.
• Be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the data of existing and newly created data products.
• Engage and understand the best way to provide the data needed for the stakeholders and end users.
• Provide support with training across WCM (where needed) on how best to work with each data source.
• Complete ad hoc business user requests globally.
• Support the wider Product team where required.
• Contribute ideas for how to innovate, improve and create more efficient ways of working
• Work with international teams, occasionally working out of hours to accommodate time-zones
• Fast learner with a passion for music
• Motivated by problem solving, proactively finds and creates solutions
• Proven experience working with large data sets in a reporting and analytical capacity – manipulating, comparing, developing and testing new ways of extracting and reporting data
• Excellent mathematical, analytical and time management skills.
• Experience of working within music publishing, preferably within administration or a related field
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to distill complex information into easily digestible formats with confidence
• The ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Adept at running data queries and workflows, report writing and communicating findings
• Proactive and results oriented
• The drive to work as part of a successful team
• Experience of using reporting tools (e.g., Tableau, Business Objects, Power BI or similar), data wrangling software (e.g. Alteryx, Data Brew or similar)
• Experience with SQL, Python, and/or R.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Familiarity with automating processes
• Experience of working in a fast-paced working environment
• Excellent level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel (including PowerPivot/Power Query)
• A growth mindset, interested in building upon and expanding your current skillset
• An understanding of music publishing and how it fits into the overall music value chain
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g61v79-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.