Job Title: Associate Manager, Rights Administration, Business and Legal Affairs
A little bit about our team:
The Global Catalog Research and Rights Administration Group is a subdivision of Rhino Entertainment Company's Business & Legal Affairs Department and is responsible for researching WMG's rights to exploit its existing catalog recordings in response to queries from Rhino, WMG Global Catalog, and WMG's Synch and Master Use Licensing Groups.
You will be responsible for performing various legal and rights research assignments involving questions about WMG's rights in and to its catalog recordings and accurately communicating his or her findings to the appropriate department.
Here you'll get to:
• Review, analyze and interpret various provisions in the recording agreements that govern WMG's existing catalog recordings, and accurately and succinctly communicate findings to appropriate individual or department;
• Conduct chain of title review and provide concise analysis;
• Prepare contract summaries of the recording agreements that govern WMG's existing catalog recordings;
• Prepare product memos outlining royalties information applicable to products being released;
• Perform general legal research pertaining to WMG's rights in its existing recording agreements;
• Perform such other duties and tasks related to the Business & Legal Affairs Department's role and responsibilities as reasonably may be required.
• Juris Doctor degree required
• Be able to work well independently and as part of a team;
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Possess excellent analytical, mathematical and organizational skills;
• Be able to meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure;
• Possess unwavering attention to detail;
• Be intellectually curious and have a passion for the music business;
• Be able to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately;
• Have strong computer skills, including strong data entry skills (with an emphasis on accuracy) and strong proficiency using Microsoft Office's Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications.
We'd love it if you also had:
• 1 to 3 years of experience working in a position or positions involving the review, analysis and interpretation of recording agreements and other music industry agreements.
• Admission to a state bar.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6xen9-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.