WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Associate Director/ Director, Marketing
A little bit about our team:
Elektra Music Group was launched in 2018 as a stand-alone music company within Warner Music Group. Its roots extend back to 1950, when Jac Holzman launched the iconic Elektra label in his college dorm room. Today, that same entrepreneurial, independent spirit is the driving force behind each of the unique labels that make up the core of the Elektra Music Group: Elektra, Fueled By Ramen, and Roadrunner. The company's adventurous, eclectic roster includes culture-defining artists such as Brandi Carlile, Coheed and Cambria, Fitz and the Tantrums, Gojira, Kaleo, Masked Wolf, Panic! At The Disco, Slipknot, Tones and I, Twenty One Pilots, and others.
Why this could be your next big break:
As a product manager for EMG (Elektra Music Group), you'll see and touch it all. You're in the center of everything; you're the quarterback who drives the project alongside an amazing team of skilled peers. From the day an artist joins the family, you're there to help build the strategy and shape the overall campaign. It is a one-of-a-kind perspective on an artist and their campaign and invaluable position in the company.
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee all aspects of artists' product development from concept to completion.
• Be the hub of a project - providing tools, direction, and information to individual departments, while coordinating each department's efforts in execution of marketing strategies.
• Develop unique and bespoke marketing plans that are tailored to each individual artist with knowledge of marketplace, genre, and available resources.
• Spearhead, create and organize artist content, while developing plans to maximize value of such content
• Work closely with the artist and team to help develop and maintain a consistent image and brand for each artist and/or release.
• Manage project budgets, and successfully execute plans while working within budgets.
• Analyze industry metrics and utilize them inform our strategies
• Initiate and execute creation of physical and digital product to generate revenue, increase perceived value, and enhance consumer experience.
• Define objectives, scope, resource allocation, and budget for products being brought to market.
• Coordinate artist's activities around releases and tour dates to maximize exposure and profile.
• Have 5-8 years of product management experience in a fast-paced industry where both creativity and attention to detail are equally paramount.
• Demonstrate a desire to continue to learn, grow and adapt with the rapidly changing industry
• Express yourself creatively and have excellent communication skills.
• Possess the ability multi-task and pivot quickly while managing many projects simultaneously.
• Maintain a track record of formulating creative ideas and solutions and ability to influence others with these ideas.
• Continue to develop a strong awareness of the physical, digital, mobile sector as well as an awareness of growing technologies and outlets.
• Demonstrate a proven experience of juggling several projects to meet strict deadlines.
• Possess the drive, desire and ability to drive projects from inception to completion.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
A broad understanding and appreciation of music genres as well as awareness of what's trending other entrainment industry sectors – film, TV, tech, gaming, etc.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6p6oj-3-236-239-91-42 in your application.