Job Title: Associate Director/Director, Contract Administration (title commensurate with experience)
A little bit about our team:
This is a unique opportunity to join the Business & Legal Affairs department at Atlantic Records. In Contract Administration we are responsible for reviewing and vetting all audio and video material released by the company, including ensuring timely clearance of all third party side artist issues. We additionally oversee all third-party licensing requests and draft various ancillary agreements. You will have the opportunity to work with various departments as we serve as the primary interface between Legal, A&R Administration, Licensing and Royalties.
We are currently seeking an Associate Director/Director to join our Contract Administration team. You will play a critical role in the performance and success of the department. You will be responsible for obtaining approvals, negotiating and drafting waivers for live performances and side artist clearances. If you enjoy working behind the scenes, in a fast-paced team environment this is the position for you.
Here you'll get to:
• Work closely with Business Affairs, foreign affiliates & artist teams to obtain approvals, draft, negotiate and track payments for live performance agreements
• Handle all incoming promotional clearance requests for active catalog on all samplers, TV shows, artwork, etc. Obtain internal and management approval and draft no objection letters/gratis licenses
• Review and approve all VRAs (video request authorization)
• Clear side-artists (incoming and outgoing), including receiving internal/external approvals as needed and negotiating terms
• Handle short term reversions and coordinate the transfer of assets
• Research rights/restrictions for various departments as needed
• Back up VP, Contract Administration for option tracking
• Detail-oriented, incredibly organized, timely and accurate
• Strong research and drafting skills
• Proven communication and follow-up skills
• Work independently within a team-oriented environment
• Self-motivated and resourceful
• Handle a fast-paced environment and prioritize workflow
• Bachelor's degree
We'd love it if you also had:
• Paralegal background
• Passionate about music
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9e6w7-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.