A little bit about our team:
ADA is WMG's distribution arm for independent labels and DIY artists. The Product & Integration team is responsible for the technology that services our global community of independent artists & labels. We build tools that artists & labels use to run their careers and businesses. Our platform ensures that creative content is distributed out to the market accurately, on time, and set up to industry and artistic standards. We must constantly innovate to keep up with the music industry and provide opportunities, revenue, & promotion tools to the indie community.
This role is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing independent music distributors as the first Architect, reporting to the SVP of Product & Integration. You will execute on the ADA product vision & roadmap, while helping to build our team and engineering culture. You will work with engineers and data scientists on the WMG Global Tech team to ensure alignment on product strategy, architecture, design, and development between ADA and WMG. You will get to deliver consistent, high-quality products that are adopted by dispersed global teams and help transform the ADA Tech Team through shaping of best practices, platform architecture, and creating new products & processes that help us deliver a high volume of new music to market.
Here you'll get to:
• Be a founding member of ADA's Tech team, help build our team's engineering culture, and architect ADA's first-ever wholly owned platform
• Be responsible for delivering a best-in-class distribution product & carry out the data architecture & engineering vision for ADA and our DIY product, Level
• Shape ADA's product development practices while partnering with WMG's Global Tech leadership on mission-critical projects & integrations.
• Design & build workflows and data infrastructure to transform the entire organization into a data-informed, system-oriented product team.
• Maintain processes, architecture, & documentation for all of ADA's products and analytics events.
• Ship high-quality code daily, innovating on hard-to-solve problems of the music industry
• Evaluate product challenges and work with WMG Global Technology, Global Operations, and ADA leadership to arrive at the best-fit solution
• You have 8+ years of professional experience building a consumer or b2b enterprise tech product
• You have experience working with distributed systems (e.g., Cloud, Cloud-native, Containers, Streaming/Event-based, Data and Analytics)
• You have designed and built sustainable and scalable infrastructure from a wide variety of data sources and have defined foundational Architectural best practices for a consumer or enterprise product
• You are experienced working with Data Warehouse and Data Lake solutions, including Snowflake
• You are knowledgeable about DevOps practices and frameworks such as Github, AWS Code Deploy/Build/Pipeline, Serverless Framework, etc.
• You can be scrappy and innovative when working with tight timelines, but you also advocate for long-term code quality
• You enjoy mentoring and building collaborative coding environments
• You have a passion for independent music and helping artists at all stages of their careers
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rze82n-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.