At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-orienteted mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
Job Title: Analyst, Financial
A little bit about our team:
This position will be part of the Warner Chappell finance and Accounting team for the US and Canada. This team works closely with the Center of Excellence (Shared Service) in Nashville, the Warner Chappell home office and Corporate Finance teams, and our royalties department. This position is a key role within the Finance team as well as provides support for various other departments.
Ever wondered how much royalties are earned/paid from YouTube or Spotify? Or how about seeing the constant growth in digital streaming revenues? Well now's your chance……
Here you'll get to:
• Effectively work with WMG's accounting shared services division which posts all journal entries, performs key account reconciliations, and performs accounts payable services for Warner Chappell US
• Preparation of various month-end journal entries, reconciliations & analyses
• Assist in the annual budgeting and monthly forecast process, including cash, P&L and balance sheet
• Maintain revenue tracking schedules across income types and providers
• Maintain tracking schedules of actual A&R spend in coordination with Business Affairs & Legal departments
• Assist in the preparation of bi-weekly cash forecast documents and related Corporate reporting
• Prepare and maintain supporting documentation for various key controls in accordance with SOX guidelines
• Maintain accrued royalties payable schedule to support balance sheet accounts
• Analyze financial reports and records, make studies and recommendations relative to the accounting of liabilities and assets
• Ad hoc analyses and projects, as required
• Have a BA in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
• Have 1-3 years related experience
• Have exceptional excel skills
• Have superior attention to detail
• Have elevated analytical skills and be curiosity driven
• Must be able to work flexible hours, especially during month end and budget season to meet deadlines
We'd love it if you also had:
• Have entertainment experience
• Have background with SAP, Hyperion, PowerPivot
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxv26z-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.