Job Title: Analyst, Business Intelligence
A little bit about our team:
WMG's Business Intelligence team (BI) works to influence WMG's strategy and day-to-day operations by developing thoughtful insights & intelligence from its core business practices. Th BI team works with various departments across Warner Music's Recorded Music & Publishing Divisions to understand the trends and dynamics that drive the constant evolution of our business. Our goal for this role is to develop insights and strategies that support our family of labels and operators in the pursuit of breaking new artists and expanding our reach on a global level. We work with partners across the company to establish best practices for breaking artists and sustaining catalog repertoire across consumption platforms, gauge the impact of marketing initiatives and campaigns, and work to understand user behavior around the world. The teams we work with are located throughout the world with over 40 offices worldwide which does create a certain level of demand and while we always prioritize work life balance, candidates should expect work outside of normal business hours at times.
Intelligence is the lifeblood of today's music business, and in this role you'll get a chance to apply your creativity and problem-solving skills to help our labels and artists connect with consumers across an array of media and mediums. Because the BI team works closely with departments across the company, you will have the opportunity to see the inner workings and decision-making within a global music company - and the ability to influence those decisions with thoughtful intelligence work. We're a collaborative team that loves learning new things, sharing ideas, thinking about the future of the music industry – and helping our company get there.
Here you'll get to:
• Assist in creating metrics to monitor the performance of WMG artists and music
• Create compelling analytics projects and presentations providing actionable insights with recommendations
• Develop case studies to identify changes in industry and consumption
• Develop dashboards and frameworks to monitor business and product performance
• Identify opportunities across regions and teams that help support WMG artists
• Work directly with internal clients on analyses and projects
• Experience conducting data analysis across datasets, using database query systems, spreadsheet, and modeling software (e.g., SQL, R, Python, etc.).
• Experience in analytics, BI, data insights, marketing, and strategy, preferably within the music and/or digital media industry
• Ability to work independently and time manage multiple sensitive and high profile initiatives
• Experience with a data visualization tool (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
• Microsoft PowerPoint skills with an attention to detail
• Comfortable working with internal clients and presenting findings
• 3 – 5 years of experience
• Bachelor's Degree in business analytics, computer or data science, or statistics, Masters preferred but not required.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Experience in a music company, record label, or artist management company
• Familiarity with the streaming music landscape or other digital media
• Tableau Dashboard skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r093ke-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.