At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Analyst, Legal Audit
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music's Center of Excellence for Shared Services, opened in 2017, is the home to the financial, legal and administrative functions that provide critical support and best-in-class services to our US Recorded Music and Publishing businesses. The Nashville center embodies the innovative and creative spirit that stems from the company's deep history in championing ambitious thinking and artist-focused innovation, enabling our employees to develop a wide range of skills through cross-function collaboration and development opportunities.
The Audit Group is responsible for handling all incoming audits arising from the artist recording agreements, joint venture and participation agreements, publishing license agreements, and union collective bargaining agreements to which WMG's US record labels are a party.
Members of the Audit Group work closely with employees in the Business Affairs, Finance, Production, Operations, New Media, and Marketing departments of each label client to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities for the recordings and record those labels release.
Why this could be your next big break:
This is a great chance to create an immediate and significant contribution to the audit team. The candidate hired to fill this position will be responsible for: leading all aspects of the audit process, including without limitation tracking audit notifications, reviewing and analyzing the claims contained in the audit reports we receive, making recommendations to the relevant WMG internal label clients regarding how to respond to those claims, facilitating settlement negotiations between the contracting party and WMG's internal label clients, and ensuring that any internal accounting entries related to the audit process are made accurately and in a timely manner.
Here you'll get to:
• Determine and advise WMG label clients of the maximum duration of the period the contracting party is contractually permitted to audit;
• Prepare and distribute audit reserves to WMG label clients;
• Assist with the review and analysis of audit claims submitted by the auditor in question, as well as the relevant provisions of the underlying contracts that govern WMG's exploitation of the assets that is at issue in the audit;
• Assist with the development of recommendations for the WMG label client(s) concerned regarding how to respond to the individual claims set forth in each audit;
• Assist with the administration of any and all payments made in connection with the settlement of each audit, ensuring that each is properly recorded in the books and records of the applicable WMG label client(s);
• Input and track of all data related to assigned audits in the Group's consolidated audit tracking spreadsheet; and
• Perform general catalog legal research pertaining to WMG's rights in its existing recording agreements and other contracts, including reviewing, analyzing and interpreting various provisions in the recording agreements and other contracts at the request of various internal business units
• Draft legal documents related to the tolling and settlement of audit claims
• Perform such other duties as you may be asked to perform by the senior management of the Group and the division.
• Candidates for this position must be able to work well independently and as part of a team;
• Candidate must be a problem solver, with the ability to find timely and creative solutions to unique issues and assignments;
• Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Candidate must possess excellent analytical, mathematical and organizational skills;
• Candidate must be able to meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure; candidate must be able to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• An undergraduate degree or paralegal certificate, or a combination of both education and relevant experience;
• Sophisticated proficiency with Microsoft Excel including, but not limited to, functions such as macros/automations, conditional formatting, lookup tables, pivot tables, formulas and advanced chartin
$24.00 to $27.00 Hourly
Salary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
Links to relevant documents:
2023 Benefits At A Glance.pdf
EVerify Participation Poster.pdf
Right To Work - English.pdf
Right to Work - Spanish.pdf
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj1o31-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.