At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music's Center of Excellence for Shared Services, opened in 2017, is the home to the financial, legal and administrative functions that provide critical support and best-in-class services to our US Recorded Music and Publishing businesses. The Nashville center embodies the innovative and creative spirit that stems from the company's deep history in nurturing entrepreneurial thinking and artist-focused innovation, enabling our employees to develop a wide range of skills through cross-function collaboration and development opportunities.
The Audit Group is responsible for managing all incoming audits arising from the artist recording agreements, joint venture and participation agreements, publishing license agreements, and union collective bargaining agreements to which WMG's US record labels are a party.
Members of the Audit Group work closely with employees in the Business Affairs, Finance, Production, Operations, New Media, and Marketing departments of each label client to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities for the recordings and record those labels release.
Why this could be your next big break:
This is a great opportunity to make an immediate and significant contribution to the audit team. The candidate hired to fill this position will be responsible for: managing all aspects of the audit process, including without limitation tracking audit notifications, reviewing and analyzing the claims contained in the audit reports we receive, making recommendations to the relevant WMG internal label clients regarding how to respond to those claims, facilitating settlement negotiations between the contracting party and WMG's internal label clients, and ensuring that any internal accounting entries related to the audit process are made accurately and in a timely manner.
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee the tracking of audit notice letters received by the Group's label clients; upon receipt of a given notice, determining (and then advising such label clients of) the maximum duration of the period the contracting party is contractually permitted to audit, and then facilitating the negotiation of the actual period WMG will permit the contracting party to audit;
• Prepare support documentation in connection with the audit fieldwork process, including, without limitation, collecting all relevant data and other information contained in the books and records of the WMG label concerned that is relevant to (and falls within the contractually-defined scope) of the audit concerned;
• Review and analyze the audit claims submitted by the auditor in question, as well as the relevant provisions of the underlying contracts that govern WMG's exploitation of the assets that is at issue in the audit;
• Develop recommendations for the WMG label client(s) concerned regarding how to respond to the individual claims set forth in each audit;
• Administer any and all payments made in connection with the settlement of each audit, ensuring that each is properly recorded in the books and records of the applicable WMG label client(s);
• Manage the input and tracking of all data related to the Group's pending audits in the Group's consolidated audit tracking spreadsheet; and
• Perform such other duties as you may be asked to perform by the senior management of the Group and the division.
Rockstar candidates will have the following:
• Candidates for this position must be able to work well independently and as part of a team;
• Candidates must have strong computer skills, including strong data entry and data analysis skills (with an emphasis on accuracy and problem-solving) and strong proficiency using Microsoft Office's Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications; familiarity with Microsoft Office's Access application is preferred, but not required.
• Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Candidate must possess excellent analytical, mathematical and organizational skills;
• Candidate must be able to meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure; candidate must be able to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; major in accounting, finance or business is preferred.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel including, but not limited to, functions such as macros/automations, conditional formatting, lookup tables, pivot tables, formulas and advanced charting.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0w07j-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.