Job Title: Manager, Accounting
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music's center of excellence for Shared Services, is the home to the financial, legal and administrative functions that provide critical support and best-in-class services to our US Recorded Music and Publishing businesses. The Nashville center embodies the innovative and creative spirit that stems from the company's deep history in nurturing entrepreneurial thinking and artist-focused innovation, enabling our employees to develop a wide range of skills through cross-function collaboration and development opportunities.
The Finance Manager for Accounting is responsible for overseeing the monthly close process and all aspects of Corporate and Label general ledger accounting for WMG. They will liaise with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance with SOX requirements as well as managing and developing a team of Accountants.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage the monthly close process including analysis, general ledger entries, and reconciliation review
• Support recorded music label finance by answering questions and performing ad hoc requests
• Work with team to complete submission to corporate and review of related schedules submitted to Corporate and Labels in conjunction with the monthly/quarterly financials
• Liaise with internal and external auditors, and ensure compliance with SOX requirements including drafting and updating process narratives, and maintenance of requirement documentation
• Maintain strong relationships with finance personnel of domestic as well as international affiliates/business units, internal/external auditors, 3rd party vendors, as well as other divisions within WMG
• Perform ad-hoc tasks and special projects as required by Division and/or Directors
• Manage, coach, and develop team of 6-8 members
• Strong leadership and organizational skills
• Excellent Excel/Microsoft Office skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills needed in interacting with internal/external parties
• Detail oriented and ability to work under pressure/tight deadlines
• Strong analytical skills in reviewing accounting transactions
• Knowledge of Oracle, HFP, SAP, and Access database a plus
• BA/BS in Accounting/Finance
• 5+ years of experience in accounting or financial audit, preferably with Big 4 and private industry
• Experience in a supervisory role
• Knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4z6z7-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.