Director, Strategy & Finance
A little bit about our team:
The Finance Department at WM Latina is responsible for supporting the accuracy and completeness of financial statements and monitoring compliance with accounting policies and procedures. In addition, the finance department is responsible for ensuring that internal control policies are adequate and implemented. The department is a partner to all other departments with regards to making strategic decisions that benefit the company.
Why this could be your next big break:
Perform several accounting functions while simultaneously working with other departments. Must be able to identify and address anomalies if internal controls and policies are not followed. Must be able to identify correct account to use and familiarize himself/herself with chart of accounts, concepts and reporting structure to ensure correct accounting. Candidate must endeavor to reach a solution on their own first and then consult controller. Proactive stance toward learning, workload completion, best practices and communication.
Here you'll get to:
• Prepare and/or review m/e, q/e, y/e journal entries and prepare balance sheet, P&L, supplementary schedules, Balance Sheet reconciliations and financial analysis. Monitor closing status.
• Prepare and review depreciation schedules and maintain Fixed Asset procedures in GFS.
• Execution of Accounts Receivable function, analysis and follow up.
• Execution of Accounts Payable function, analysis and follow up including vendor and purchase order management. Supervise the AP clerk and ensure proper documentation for POs. Liaise with shared services and/or corporate for any statutory reporting, including 1099 and 1042 reporting.
• Review the monthly intercompany billing and confirmation with affiliates. Review and approve the monthly netting.
• Supervise the quarterly/semiannually royalty and copyright procedures and reporting.
• Assist in monthly cash forecast and forecast by monitoring cash balances and maintaining artists advance and marketing spent analysis current.
• Work on special projects as assigned including: implementations, testing of system upgrades, report writing and documents local procedures. Provide metrics and specific reporting to senior management.
• Collaborate with Marketing to create meaningful financial reporting packages and/or budget tracking spreadsheets. Communicate effectively with every other department that spends money and at the same time monitor their expenditures.
• Oversee data flow/interface and the process between accounting systems and other sub-systems.
• Effectively partner with both internal and external communities including: IT management, shared services, marketing, administrative assistants, licensing and royalties' sr. supervisor, and corporate offices.
• Supports annual audit by providing information to auditors.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains financial security and reporting accuracy by adhering to internal controls and global accounting policies.
• Must be able to work independently in resolving outstanding issues in accounting and reporting. Investigate them and collaborates with others who may have appropriate solutions.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Have 6+ years of strong accounting experience in a global corporation with 2-3 years in a supervisory role.
• Be highly proficient in Excel and experience using Pivot Tables, V-look Up and other formulas for analysis.
• Be highly proficient with Oracle database accounting software.
• Have strong ability to navigate systems to recognize and implement operational efficiency and reduce redundancy.
• Have experience with Fixed Assets including CIP.
• Be well-developed business acumen, including ability to recognize, follow up and remedy accounting/business issues while relying on judgment and extensive experience to accomplish goals.
• Have the ability to interpret, apply and ensure compliance of internal controls and global accounting policies.
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
• Have excellent time management and prioritization skills.
• Have the desire to grow and develop both professionally and personally.
• Strong team player with ability to interact with all levels of staff in the organization.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Fully bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
• Experience with Concur, GFS and HFM a plus.
• Recorded Music industry experience.
• BA in Accounting (4 year degree) from accredited university.
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.