Sr. Accountant 2
Warner Music Group
Job title: Accounting Director – Digital Revenue
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music's Center of Excellence for Shared Services, opened in 2017 and is the home to the financial, legal and administrative functions that provide critical support and best-in-class services to our US Recorded Music and Publishing businesses. It embodies the innovative and creative spirit that stems from the company's deep history in nurturing entrepreneurial thinking and artist-focused innovation, enabling our employees to develop a wide range of skills through cross-function collaboration and development opportunities.
The Finance department is responsible for managing all the center's accounting and cash management functions. As a critical component of the Finance department, the Accounting Operations group provides accounting services and support to WMG's corporate finance, US record labels and US publishing business.
The Director of Accounting Operations acts as a key liaison with our clients in the Recorded Music business. They are responsible for providing leadership and direction to our financial shared service organization that performs the following finance and accounting functions on behalf of the US business units:
• Digital Revenue - responsible for ensuring ~$4B of label wide digital revenue is recorded monthly.
• Physical Retail Revenue and Product Costs – responsible for accounting for all physical product sales and related costs monthly
• General Accounting – responsible for general ledger accounting, including monthly close, balance sheet reconciliations
• Inventory Control – responsible for inventory accounting, costing, and direct purchase invoice processing
Here you'll get to:
• Ensure effective financial internal controls; identify and remediate control gaps
• Lead team to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated financial information and reports
• Acquisition integration
• Special projects as requested by business units and corporate
• Provide excellent customer service and develop / maintain strong relationships with different business unit finance organizations, including the respective CFO and VP of Finance
• Develop an environment of constant process improvement that results in definable projects that are delivered timely and result in cost savings to the entire organization
• Facilitate and bridge gaps between the areas of Finance, Accounting, IT, Strategy and Operations.
• Develop, recommend, and implement all strategy relating to Financial Shared Services functions
• Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget
• Interact with internal and external auditors to resolve potential issues and new transactions
• Ad hoc analysis and projects
• BA/BS in Accounting
• 10-15 years of strong financial management or controllership experience
• Large, multinational company experience
• Driver of ''change'', and thinks creatively and strategically
• Strong understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
• Quantifiable examples of achievements and strong track record of success
• Experience in strong communication and strategy presentation
• Strong leader who can influence and lead initiatives within the company, and manage and motivate
• Ability to achieve results through influence over external and internal parties who are not direct reports
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Team player who can cooperate/collaborate with all business units and departments within the company
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
• Solid project management skills, from initial idea through execution
• Demonstrated professional maturity with unquestioned personal and business integrity
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• CPA preferred
• ASC 606 experience preferred
• SAP/SAP4Hana familiarity a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d94557-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.