At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Director, Accounting - Corporate
Why this could be your next big break:
The Accounting Director will oversee key accounting and reporting activities for Corporate Accounting functions, and the relationship management with the Corporate Accounting group.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage a team of professional accountants and support their day-to-day operations
• Implement and monitor effective financial internal controls and procedures related to fixed assets, intercompany, leases, and financial reporting
• Manage the month-end close timetable and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the required activities
• Prepare and post period end journal entries and overhead allocations
• Prepare financial statement flux analysis, generate trial balance for review and submit for necessary approvals
• Manage the budget and forecast for shared services allocations, intercompany accounting, depreciation & amortization, and corporate P&L activity
• Support internal and external audit and ensure compliance with SOX requirements
• Maintain strong relationships with corporate accounting, international affiliates, internal/external auditors, and other business units within WMG
• Partner with RTR Lead on ad-hoc requests or special project initiatives
• Perform Fixed Asset Accounting and Reporting
• Intangible Asset Accounting
• Capital Project Accounting
• Record Transactions
• Intercompany Recharges Accounting
• Period Close & Consolidation
• Financial Reporting
• Perform Product Cost Planning and Period End Closing
• Record Production Transactions
• Perform Cost Analysis & Reporting
• Set Transfer Prices
• Manage Inventory Transfers
• Value Inventory
• Perform Inventory Analysis and Reporting
• Intercompany loans & MUR
• Complete monthly consolidated financial statements and approved capital expenditure request (CER) in a timely manager
• Manage Intercompany out-of-balance amount
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred
• 10-15+ years of experience in accounting
• Large, multinational company experience
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience working in a SOX controlled environment
• Experience conducting internal and external audits
• Experience with financial statement flux analysis and SEC reporting
• Experience performing fixed asset accounting related activities
• Experience performing lease accounting and related activities
• Knowledge of SAP and HFM
• Experience in a Shared Services environment
• Music industry experience a plus
• Strong work-ethic and are a self-starter with effective organizational skills with attention to detail who proactively seeks out new solutions
• Problem solving, decision making, and continuous process improvement skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Partnering, influencing, and communication skills to convey key elements in a concise and positive manner
• Ability to work proactively, independently, and as a strategic partner in a team environment
• Demonstrated critical thinking and dedication to deepening understanding of work being done
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.