Vice President, Marketing Research, DTC
WarnerMedia is looking for a VP, Marketing Research, to lead and drive the Direct-to-Consumer marketing research efforts, with a focus on growth marketing and marketing efficiency.
The ideal candidate will show a balance between research and marketing skills, be a strategic thinker and consultative in nature, well-versed in growth marketing and marketing efficiency, partner to inform marketing decisions, and critical decision making.
Experienced in a variety of methodologies but also eager to create new ways to gather, analyze and tell stories with data and insights.
Passionate about translating data and research insights into meaningful and actionable marketing & consumer insights, and able to partner with internal/external stakeholders and work collaboratively in a highly matrixed organization.
• Leads all aspects of research processes, develops research frameworks and innovative methodologies to enable and support marketing initiatives, ensuring decisions are made with strong insight from customers, driving efficiency, and mitigating risks.
• Works closely with the growth marketing team, to successfully inform and develop data-driven, comprehensive, full-funnel growth, acquisition, and retention strategies.
• Partners with marketing teams to test positioning, concepts, and creative campaigns; establishes and measures key performance indicators for marketing projects and combines insights across marketing, content, and product experience.
• Builds and drives sophistication of marketing efficiency research and testing frameworks, as well as marketing attribution models (including modeling across online and offline marketing platforms).
• Translates complex data into insights and compelling stories and cross-references data sets to offer comprehensive insights and analyses, providing practical, business-oriented, and actionable findings and recommendations.
• Delivers unbiased, strategic, and actionable analysis of research results and recommendations through impactful deliverables, effective presentations, and dashboards, including key business context and full understanding of growth marketing strategies for HBO Max.
• Partners closely with other key research leadership across the division and the company, collaborating and providing guidance on appropriate measurement, reporting, and capabilities to successfully navigate through the disruptive changes in the industry.
• Is a visible and strategic partner to key stakeholders, building and maintaining strong and consultative relationships.
• Demonstrates a commitment to fulfilling stakeholder needs and expectations and inspiring/motivating staff to deliver at a high level.
• Works with cross-functional teams to drive insights and strategic recommendations to leadership, connected to business goals and priorities.
• Manages relationships and collaborates with internal groups (marketing, data science, strategy, and others) and outside vendors to ensure that reliable, accurate results are delivered to internal stakeholders in a timely manner.
• Leads a team of experienced and talented researchers in the design and execution of high-impact end-to-end research projects that align with key business and marketing questions, ensuring effective research design, high-quality and timely execution, and thoughtful translation of data into actionable recommendations.
• Leads the team in performing interpretive analyses to transform data into valuable insights. Develops and implements new ways to show data in more visual and digestible manners, across all channels of communication.
• Leads by example, developing and maintaining a work environment that fosters teamwork, respect, and leadership at all levels and encourages creativity and collaboration across groups.
• Has an inclusive mindset, coaches, empowers, and motivates a talented team of researchers, creating a strong collaborative culture.
• Education: Bachelor's degree in market research, statistics, marketing, communications, or related field required, MBA preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in developing and implementing advanced research projects supporting marketing and growth teams and major digital products.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in leading and managing diverse and senior research teams.
• Demonstrated management of large-scale qualitative and quantitative customer research projects with internal and external partners, working with first-party and third-party data sources, linear and digital media data sources, and measurement
• Extensive experience with marketing and creative testing, measurement techniques, and attribution models.
• Analytical problem-solving skills, including the ability to translate data into meaningful findings and deliver recommendations that lead to informed decision-making, including presentations for senior-level audiences.
• Strong leadership and people management skills: ability to strategically lead, coach, and motivate a team of research experts and related support staff.
• Proven success in establishing relationships, being a high bandwidth communicator, with a track record of excellent collaboration.
• Strong track record of working cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work under pressure without sacrificing accuracy and attention to detail; strong project management skills are essential.
• Excellent communication, decision-making, and project management skills required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d819ek-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.