Warner Bros. Pictures seeks a VP, Legal Affairs for the Global Theatrical Production Group.
The position reports to the head of legal affairs for the Warner Bros. Film Group. The principal job duties are:
• Negotiating and drafting agreements related to the development, production and financing of theatrical and streaming films, including rights agreements and above-the-line talent agreement.
• Providing legal support during physical and post-production, including negotiating location and visual effects agreements
• Working closely with the business affairs group in connection with the studio's motion picture projects
The successful candidate will have a J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school and at least 10 years of relevant motion picture production experience working for a production company, studio or law firm. Legal affairs, co-financing, negative pick-up and animation experience is a plus. In addition, the candidate will possess the following attributes:
• Willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Ability and flexibility to take on new and complex legal challenges
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively and cross functionally
• Adaptable negotiation style