Sr. Specialist, Mastering
Virtual Production Software Engineer (Unreal Engine)
WarnerMedia is looking for a Virtual Production Software Engineer to develop core technology for real-time filmmaking. As a software engineer on the Virtual Production Team, you will help us further extend and innovate key technology utilizing Unreal Engine with key production partners. The software engineer should have a passion for constantly exploring and mastering new areas of the hardware and software needed for real time rendering. Responsibilities will range from asset management to color pipeline and camera calibration.
• Design and implement tools and engine features related to WB Virtual Production pipeline
• Support internal film and television productions by responding to specific requests and integrations for Virtual Production Software
• Test and validate new hardware and software solutions for WB virtual production pipeline
• Collaborate with 3rd Party Vendors to integrate 3D assets and create tools to optimize workflow
• Modify and extend core UE4 engine systems with a focus on NDisplay and Final Pixel Rendering techniques
• Strong ability to architect, program and optimize C++ in existing or new systems with a focus on one or more game related specialties.
• Understanding of key virtual production and film/tv development areas such as performance capture, encoded devices, live video and virtual reality is a plus.
• Experience writing tools that improve user experience and are reliably stable on deployment
• Strong desire to build industry-leading technology
• Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging and strong communications skills.
• Experience at VFX facility is a plus
• Skilled with Python, C++ a must
• Experience with real-time systems
• Experience developing in a large codebase; ideally experience designing and implementing a tool from the ground up
• Experience with network topology
• Experience with video hardware systems
• Experience with interfacing external devices via APIs and protocols
• Experience scripting for Maya, Substance Designer, 3ds Max and other DCCs
• Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of game engine and editor concepts
• Familiar with lighting concepts and color science
• Familiar with live action production protocols used for timing (genlock, timecode) and lighting (DMX, sACN and ArtNET)
• Familiar with Universal Scene Description (USD)