Technical Services Technician FTC
Warner Bros. Studio Facilities (WBSF) oversees the physical operations of the historic 110-acre main lot in Burbank including its 30 soundstages and 20-acre backlot, as well as production-related services including costume, set-dressing, construction, set lighting, catering, transportation, photography and much more. The production site also hosts tours for consumers offering guests intimate views at the inner workings of thriving entertainment studios.
Primary Purpose of the Job
The role acts as frontline Duty Technician as and when required in response to the day-to-day technical needs of the attraction and the Technician is required to provide the highest levels of customer service to visitors to the attraction and internal customers. Starting up, maintaining and shutting down the show to the same consistent high standards each day is our primary focus, and working to a strict set of preventative maintenance regimes to maintain the magic is what we are all about.
• Ensure all WBSTL technical and exhibition related maintenance requirements are delivered within agreed schedules and standards.
• Assist with the delivery of live/corporate events as and when required and support the technical needs of external clients and stakeholders.
• Ensure public and staff safety at all times.
• Monitor protection of assets and equipment within the tour areas in order to maintain the level of quality, reliability and maximise life span.
• Comply with internal health and safety regulations and working practices at all times.
• Maintain good communication channels across all departments including Visitor Experience, Studio Facilities and Corporate Archive.
• Work as part of a project team for future development and installation projects as directed by the Technical Services Manager/Team leader.
• Contribute to the day-to-day running of the Studio Tour and form part of the Visitor Services team covering weekends, evenings and school holidays 363 days a year on a shift pattern involving AM and PM shifts.
• Assist in the general maintenance of one of the leading visitor attractions in the world, including but in no way limited to audio, lighting, video, sets, props, show control, animatronics, special effects, atmospherics, fixtures, fittings and everything in between.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Proven track record in a similar maintenance position, preferably in the entertainment, visitor attraction or service industry.
• Knowledge of live event production and the relevant audio-visual skills involved in the delivery of such events.
• Experience of working with integrated audio-visual show systems and fault finding and trouble shooting these as required.
• Basic carpentry and maintenance skills and a good working knowledge of workshop environments.
• Previous experience of working in an operational and customer facing environment where there are significant numbers of the general public on site.
• Previous experience of working as part of a team.
• Fully conversant with and possesses an excellent up to date working knowledge of statutory and legislative regulations.
• Practical knowledge of health and safety regulations.
• Proven IT skills with a sound knowledge of Office 365 and production based software/hardware like video editors, audio DAWs, format conversion, Adobe Creative Suite etc.
• Knowledge and understanding of audio visual standards, protocols, formats and restrictions (such as video aspect ratios, frame rates, resolutions etc and audio sample rates, formats)
• Ability to work with others in order to develop aims of the business, whilst being flexible and able to adapt to working in a highly dynamic and demanding environment.
• Basic knowledge of localised networking and IP based control systems.
• Ability to work and strive to deliver results under pressure.
• Personable manner and ability to communicate effectively with colleagues.
• GCSE Maths and English, grade C or above.
• Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
• Significant demonstratable experience within a production/show/visitor attraction based environments and their associated technologies.
• Relevant qualifications related to the role such as PASMA, IPAF, Forklift would be advantageous.
• Training courses in AV related fields such as Dante / QSYS / ETC EOS / Show Control advantageous.
WBSL are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbo12y-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.