Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The Technical Operator team is a multi-tasking, detail-oriented and fun group of individuals that must master multiple production disciplines to get the daily job done. We are responsible for mixing audio utilizing a multi-channel digital console as well as operating graphics and robotic camera control for all live and pre-produced programming. We do this by collaborating with Directors and the Editorial show teams in an ever-changing, time-sensitive environment.
• Operator audio board during live and taped telecasts, presentations and pre and post productions.
• Managing studio needs for shows scenic set up, lighting and camera requirements. Operate cameras robotically and manually for live and taped productions.
• Operate Viz Trio and Pilot graphic system for live and taped production work. Coordinate multiple show downloads to recall generated text, such as names, locations, courtesies, and graphics, and over the shoulder boxes or full screens.
• Proof text before use to ensure accuracy and coordinate corrections with editorial staff. Updating and making changes to technical rundown command list.
• Meet with Directors and Editorial staff members prior to the show for the purpose of: Reviewing show rundown and creating control room command list, assist Directors with daily and future planning, assist Directors with informing and advising Editorial staff.
• Assist Directors and provide feedback on ideas relating to show design and format, set design, studio set up, lighting, blocking, graphics, show changes, music, sight survey and set-up.
• Participate in the annual performance evaluations of technical and editorial staff. Follow up and document technical and operational issues related to daily production processes. Assist Operations Manager to ensure client needs during day-to-day production.
• Minimum Experience Requirements: 1-3 years practical experience in TV production.
• Proficient in oral and written Spanish and English
• Familiar with all aspects of live television and pre / post-production.
• Modern knowledge of control room computer systems
The Nice to Haves
• Native speaker in Spanish.
• Industry experience in a live news environment.
• Knowledge of Control room workflow and equipment utilized (video, graphics, audio, intercom).
This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the US to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1z0yv-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.