Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Technical Manager for the Media Supply Chain: Mastering, Archive & Localization Technologies department. The Technical Manager will be a member of the Media Supply Chain (MSC) team within the WarnerMedia Technology (WMTO) organization. The position is responsible for Order, Inventory & Content Protection engineering and architecture for the Global Media Supply Chain. Working with diverse departments across WMTO and the broader business, the Technical Manager has global responsibility for the selection and implementation of technology as well as the architecture and implementation of the solution.
The platforms provide the primary tooling for the initiation, management and fulfilment of non-linear ordering, physical inventory management and control and content protection for WM's content needs. The systems and platforms overseen by this role are directly responsible for servicing HBO Max and other internal and 3rd party licensee clients, providing significant value to the supply chain. The Technical Manager supervises a team of FTE, contract engineers and vendors that develop, deploy and run the solutions and is responsible for their operation 24x7 through this team.
The Media Supply Chain – Who We Are
Media Supply Chain is tasked to architect, engineer, and program manage a wide range of applications, workflows and services for our internal partners who operationally manage and distribute WarnerMedia content globally. Our applications and technology solutions are responsible for scheduling, image & asset metadata management, as well as, content processing and delivery as well as content mastering, localization and preservation. We are the team pioneering new ways to process and deliver WarnerMedia content to its global customers
The Media Supply Chain – Mission
Our mission is to provide and sustain practical, innovative, agile software and technology solutions which are highly reliable, automated, measurable, optimized, modern systems capable of distributing high-quality content and metadata to our domestic and global platforms & partners.
• Lead a global team of contract and full-time engineering resources, ensuring work is completed to standards. Coach, mentor, and supervise the resources.
• Design, build and maintain WM order, inventory and content protection solutions, capturing multi-functional requirements across all WM distribution channels, incorporating metadata from multiple WM and 3rd party data sources. Ensures efficient, agile servicing of metadata across all media channels in support of WM's distribution businesses, including HBO Max.
• Performs as the solution and technical architect for title data architectures across Global Media Supply Chain systems. Working with the GMSC Architecture team as well as diverse technical teams both internal and external to WM, develop the technical architecture, systems strategy for data access and persistence for title management and delivery applications and solutions.
• Manages operations, vendors and capital projects as required.
• Provides input to system related capital and operating budgets; develops capital, project and operating budgets as required.
• Minimum of 8 years experience in systems design and best practices
• Minimum of 8 years experience in inventory management, content systems and distribution systems
• Minimum 8 years experience with process design and optimization
• Minimum of 8 years experience in service delivery and support
• Minimum 5 years project management experience
• Minimum 5 years engineering supervisory experience
• Minimum 5 years experience architecting and delivering AWS based applications
• Mxpert level experience working with complex data structures and analytic modeling for decision making purposes
• Demonstrated success in leading cross-functional teams to drive project results in short timeframe
• Demonstrated vendor management experience
• Undergraduate degree required
• B.S. Computer Science preferred
• Inventory Management tools and methodologies
• RP systems
• Order management best practices
• Complex systems integration patterns
• Content Protection Best Practices
• Content Management Processes
• Media Asset Management Processes
• Project management SDLC's and Agile methodologies
• Ability to synthesize business demand to data dependencies and design flexible data models
• Ability to perform complex analytics on data using MS Excel.
• Knowledge of data policies, procedures, and processes.
• Knowledge of data extraction, transformation and loading principles as they relate to the business.
• Critical Issue Management & Triage
• Vendor Management
• Visio or equivalent technical diagramming software
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7vwk-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.