WarnerMedia seeks a Technical Director for the WBG San Francisco Engineering department. Are you a game maker ready to stand alongside Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman?
As a Technical Director, you will be responsible for various initiatives including evaluating new technology, developing and maintaining our game platform, prototyping and building functionality and tools for new and existing games in a mobile-first studio environment.
In addition, you will partner with other stakeholders to understand goals and needs. You are continuously assessing all aspects of the products and tools to identify areas for improvement, innovation, and cross-project sharing.
• Build, enhance and maintain new and existing functionality for our games (game platform, game engine, and/or client).
• Set and maintain product(s) technical vision and technical roadmap.
• Identifying technical opportunities within the studio to innovate and / or become more efficient.
• Research and assess technologies.
• Prototyping to support products, tools and processes.
• Consult with external technology providers.
• Assess internal projects for risk or opportunity.
• At least 10 years of game industry experience.
• Shipped at least 3 mobile/social title, preferably on multiple platforms.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
• Expert C# programming skills.
• Expert knowledge of Unity3d game engine (Preferably for Mobile).
• Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices).
• Strong understanding of full stack development for games (Client & Server).
• Deep knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
• Deep knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns.
• Strong performance optimization experience
• Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
• Ability to work unsupervised.
• Ability to assist others in their work.
• Ability to assess the quality of other engineers work.
• Passion for making games.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4y60z-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.