Technical Analyst, Production Integration
Position is responsible for developing and supporting critical applications and subsequent integrations within the Production Technology portfolio... This position will gather requirements, produce functional and technical design, development, testing, deployment, and operational support activities.
This position will provide technical solutions in the Production Technology landscape. Applications include those within the production lifecycle including but not limited to accounting, budgeting, casting, contract management, script tracking, digital asset management, and productivity tools. Also included are over 20 integrations between industry standard applications: PSL, Smart Accounting, Movie Magic Budgeting, and corporate ERP solutions. Detailed technical knowledge of a variety of technologies and business knowledge of production is required.
The role will perform day to day application maintenance activities, support application issues and service requests, attend client interviews and participate in stakeholder workshops. Upon establishment of the requirements, this position will use their technical and functional knowledge to support the design, configuration, development, testing, and deployment/cutover phases to implement to production
• 30% - Designs, develops, supports, and manages application code, configuration, tables, forms, user interfaces, workflows, calculations, and third-party integration components for production applications.
• 30% - Oversees vendor due diligence, information security compliance, analysis, procurement, acquisition and integration of complex software applications and systems.
• 20% - Develops, supports, and manages application code, user interfaces, and third-party integration components for AWS applications, and other custom integrations.
• 20% - Partners with Clients and Technology Solutions to define and capture business requirements, technical requirements, determines scope, and estimates the effort in the development of Technology requirements. Leads application development related activities while ensuring that appropriate governance exists for all delivery of technology solutions.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with configuration and development of applications using Microsoft or AWS technologies, preferably within the Entertainment industry or within a Union based workplace.
• 3 years of technology experience supporting a complex application with integration points across other systems
• Experience with complex integrations
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with Database development technologies required
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with cloud-based technologies such as AWS or Azure
• Experience with test driven development, CI/CD, Agile practices and tools desired
• Understanding of the technical components required to support business processes, including
• Effort estimates and resource management experience
• Experience planning and implementing enhancements, operating and maintaining technology systems supporting existing business process and live productive applications
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Undergraduate degree required
• Graduate degree or professional certification preferred
Knowledge/Skills & Competencies
• Technical Knowledge / Skills:
• Experience with .Net, C#, and crystal reporting
• Strong programming in Java, Python or other modern object-oriented language
• Strong programming in SQL and Database development, relational or NoSQL
• Integration frameworks (e.g., middleware, transformation logic)
• Writes documentation and analysis used to identify systemic issues or problems with application or integrations
• Understanding of application technology and associated solutions and strategies related to the client's business to help them achieve their business goals and objectives
• System design and testing concepts
• Client deployment readiness concepts (e.g., business cutover)
• Functional Knowledge / Skills in the following areas:
• Knowledge of all phases of system development lifecycle, including production support
• Strong knowledge of ERP and SaaS client application(s) that support(s) the business process, with practical implementation of multiple modules / applications
• Knowledge of production accounting processes and related systems integration
• • Data conversion concepts and impacts on new business processes
• Client deployment readiness concepts (e.g. business cutover)
• General Knowledge / Skills required:
• Strong customer service focus and responsiveness
• Proficient decision-making and time management skills. Demonstrates leadership abilities. Maintains current knowledge in use and industry trends of technology
• Strong analytical skills, interpretive and evaluative skills
• Strong organizational and project management skills across multiple threads of work streams
• Outstanding documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Creative and resourceful approach to the business and an ability to think and deliver creative value-added solutions to clients
• • Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to all levels of management and staff
• Ability to lead a productive and effective workforce consisting of employees and contracted resources
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone
• Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively
• Must be able to work well under time constraints
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned
• Must be service-oriented
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality